The Alfa Romeo Giulietta Thread

Alfa Romeo Giulietta replacement remains a possibility

Alfa CEO suggests firm's improving profitability could pave the way for a return to the hatchback segment

Alfa Romeo could return to the hatchback market, CEO Jean-Philippe Imparato has suggested.

The Italian brand left it in 2020, axing the Giulietta after 10 years on sale. The Alfa Romeo Tonale crossover was said to serve as its indirect replacement, but Imparato has refused to rule out building a more closely related new model, despite Alfa’s requirements within the Stellantis group to return premium-level profit margins.

“I’m not sure that we don’t make money, even on a hatchback,” Imparato told Autocar. The Giulietta was a success for Alfa, selling 78,911 units across Europe in its best year, before newer rivals eclipsed it in handling, technology and packaging terms.

 
I finally give up and take my Alfa Giulietta on its final journey to the scrapyard!! - Tony Goodman

I know it’s an Alfa. But I’ve had over 20 of them. 147, 156, 159, 164, 166, GT, GTV. And not one of them has cost me as much and spent so much time off the road as this piece of 💩.

Everyone has one car in their life that costs them way more than it’s ever worth. This was mine. So it was like taking it to Dignitas!

 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X