Telkom Mobile has quietly launched its MultiSIM service, offering new and existing post-paid subscribers the ability to share services such as data and SMS bundles, voice minutes, and spend limit among up to 5 SIM cards.
MultiSIM is available on all of the network’s new packages except Unlimited Voice plans, according to the Telkom Mobile website.
According to the Telkom Mobile website, the service attracts the following provisos:
- Each additional linked SIM costs R9/month;
- BlackBerry Internet Service subscriptions are not shared, each SIM that needs BIS needs to have its own subscription;
- The 500MB data bundle that comes with BIS is shared between MultiSIMs;
- Unlimited plans are not shared (i.e. unlimited voice, Wi-Fi, SMS are excluded);
- Airtime transfer is only possible from the primary SIM; and
- Secondary SIM cards have their own out-of-bundle rates.
The out-of-bundle rates on secondary SIM cards are: R1/MB and R2.75 per minute on per second billing.
Subscribers will receive one bill for all the SIM cards in the their MultiSIM group.
Telkom said that the offer is available at Telkom Direct Stores, 8ta Flagship Stores, and Telkom Express Stores. Subscribers have to bring their ID, proof of residence, and payslip with them.