Microsoft has decided to stop manufacturing Xbox 360 consoles, but will continue to sell existing inventory, with availability varying by country.
This comes after the Xbox 360 turned 10 in November 2015, making it one of the most successful gaming platforms ever.
Microsoft said there are still many active Xbox 360 gamers, which means it will continue to support the platform in multiple ways.
- Xbox Live, including online multiplayer gaming and parties; access to apps; Games with Gold; and Deals with Gold will be supported.
- Xbox Live servers that support Xbox 360 services will remain active.
- Gamers will be able to buy over 4,000 Xbox 360 games or Xbox 360 accessories while stocks last.
- Xbox 360 hardware will be supported at xbox.com/support.
- Xbox One Backward Compatibility remains active.
“I want to personally thank the Xbox community who brought so much passion and creativity to the Xbox 360,” said head of Xbox, Phil Spencer.