Valve has released a patch for Half-Life, almost 19 years after it was launched.
The last time the game received an update was in September 2013. It “fixed crash when loading maps with malformed entity data.”
Half-Life launched in November 1998 and is regarded as one of the greatest games of all time.
Its sequel, Half-Life 2, is the best-rated PC game of all time.
The latest patch includes:
- Fixed crash when entering certain malformed strings into the game console.
- Fixed crash when loading a specially crafted malformed BSP file.
- Fixed malformed SAV files allowing arbitrary files to be written into the game folder.
- Fixed a crash when quickly changing weapons that are consumable.
- Fixed crash when setting custom decals.