Members of the FF Plus held placards outside the High Court in Pretoria on Monday ahead of the party’s last-minute attempt to stop the implementation of e-tolling.
“Stop e-tolls, stop e-tolls, stop e-tolls,” the placards read.
There were around 15 members, in Freedom Front Plus attire outside.
Last week, the party’s spokesman Anton Alberts said he was confident of victory in its application, claiming the state had made critical technical errors with the announcement of the implementation date of e-tolls.
He said in terms of the Sanral Act, there had to be a 14-day difference between the date on which the commencement of e-tolling was announced, and the date on which the system was implemented.
He said the system was only meant to start operating on December 4, not December 3. On November 20, Transport Minister Dipuo Peters announced that e-tolling of Gauteng’s highways would begin on Tuesday.