Firefox 55 will be available soon, and will include performance improvements and VR support.
Mozilla said Firefox Screenshots is the major front-end feature shipping in Firefox 55, and will allow users to take, save, and share screenshots without leaving Firefox.
The latest version will also include the WebVR platform feature, which will allow users with an HTC Vive or Oculus Rift to experience VR content on the Web.
Other Firefox 55 features include:
- Performance improvement in session restore with large numbers of tabs.
- Fine-tune browser performance with e10s multi settings.
- Click to activate Flash Player.
- Search suggestions in the Awesomebar enabled by default.
- Modernised update system.
- Streamlined Windows stub installer that installs Firefox 64-bit by default for users on 64-bit systems.
Mozilla has also provided an update on its plans for Firefox 56, which will ship on 26 September.
- Searching in a new Preferences organisation.
- Paused auto-play in background tabs.
- Out of process web extensions.
- Quantum features and fixes.
- Smaller and more secure update download.
Firefox 57 will then launch on 14 November, and will include the Photon UI refresh, performance enhancing Quantum features and bug fixes, and the phasing out of legacy extensions.