Best free download manager?

AirWolf

Honorary Master
Joined
Aug 18, 2006
Messages
24,898
Reaction score
1,698
Location
Port Shepstone, KZN, RSA, EARTH
Hi all :)

What is is the best download manager out there? Preferably something that is free and easy to use, and is able to continue a download after a connection has been dropped and reconnected as well as including a built in accelerator.

Thanks
 
well, plenty of candidates out there, and everyone has his/her favourite.

Personally, I use flashget, with the flashgot plugin for firefox.
 
<3 Flashget. I used to be a netants person, but when that stopped working in Vista, I found flashget is quite flexible. Only thing it is missing is a webfront :(
 
The one I use is actually called "Free Download Manager". The new version can even do torrent, but I would not recommend using it for that.
 
I recommend "Free Download Manager" as well. Works very nice with Firefox.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X