Recent content by BTTB

  1. BTTB

    Helen Zille: The 75-year-old white grandmother taking on the ANC in Johannesburg

    If history is anything to go by, the DA led coalition in Cape Town didn't really work until the DA attained the majority of 50% plus. The only way Johannesburg will ever begin to right the ship is for the 75-year-old granny to get 50% plus and hold executive mayoral powers. Sweeping changes are...
  2. BTTB

    What is a 30% share, Elon

    Who'll never share 30% of a potential loss if the business goes defunct either. Owning shares in a Company doesn't guarantee you wealth.
  3. BTTB

    One man collects grants and makes R1 million paying zero tax in South Africa

    The very fact the "meat man" doesn't worry about SARS is why his business is still going and succeeding. Once that behemoth gets its claws into you, they skim the cream off of your Irish Coffee so to speak, leaving you with barely enough to get by until the next month of PAYE/UIF, bi-monthly VAT...
  4. BTTB

    Sardine shortage?

    Mackerel. I got caught too.
  5. BTTB

    Name and Shame: Unauthorised Debit Orders Thread

    Hi there Thanks for making my day. :-) Yes, I never knew, what a klutz I am. - I'd say that whatever part of our legislation is applicable, Banks must be forced to ensure that every account they manage the beneficiary's name and account number must match. It would prevent mules from opening...
  6. BTTB

    How to get your Claude prototype app to scale for business use

    What is the best AI enabled program/app to create Facebook adverts other than the built in one from Facebook.
  7. BTTB

    Anyone with experience with Old Mutual Insure?

    My experiences are similar. I don't trust Old Mutual with all their costs; I lost 20% of an already poor performing RA right in the beginning when the Section 14 Transfer were first allowed. It put my retirement value behind by a lot of money, perhaps a million or two over the long term...
  8. BTTB

    The retailer taking over South Africa with 22 stores and a huge new R90 million warehouse

    Mambos sells a lot of plastic containers. Unsure what that cheapish plastic will look like in 20 years' time. They're basically the next-level Tupperware business with added products like toilet paper etc.
  9. BTTB

    SARS eFiling 2025/2026

    I have an external bookkeeper that has been doing my work (VAT) every 2 months since 1993, capturing all the data into Pastel. Then twice a year (more if needed) she liaises with the Chartered Accountant who does the provisional tax. The rest of it, the day-to-day stuff, payments and filing, I...
  10. BTTB

    SARS eFiling 2025/2026

    Yup, I'm scraping too. I just paid VAT at the end of July. Must pay PAYE by Friday the 5th of August. Then start saving up to pay 2027 Provisional Tax (1st Period) before the end of August. I told my daughter how many times a year I pay tax and she didn't believe me! Told her, every month its...
  11. BTTB

    New Jetour bakkie coming to South Africa – What to expect

    Check out the Jetour 700 6x6 model here >
  12. BTTB

    New Jetour bakkie coming to South Africa – What to expect

    This cannot be right? These ratings are according to Chinese regulations as per the article. I drove a brand new Jetour T1 last week, it's quite formidable if I must say so. Not my vehicle but I know the owner and will get feedback in the months to follow. I'm a Hilux owner. While I'm aware...
  13. BTTB

    The car now officially a new target for hijackers in South Africa

    I needed an urgent quote for a new car I bought for my wife back in April. Our existing broker came back with a ridiculously high price, so shopped around. Of the companies I ended up talking to was Discovery, they provided quotes and such, but since then I get calls every week. I've blocked...
  14. BTTB

    Name and Shame: Unauthorised Debit Orders Thread

    Yes. Most banks simply have one branch code, which means all you need is the Bank name and the Account Number. You could call the beneficiary Mark Poppins, it doesn't matter. I lived all these years to discover this only now. To add to the dilemma, you'd think because of FICA/RICA or whatever...
  15. BTTB

    Name and Shame: Unauthorised Debit Orders Thread

    I recall many years ago checking my credit score with Experian, so I did another today. Great score of 681! I have a Vodacom account since 2003, remembered filling in those forms, something akin to a Bond application back then, there was so much legalese. I only have one Credit Check against my...
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X