Recent content by Deluxxe Legend

  1. Deluxxe Legend

    Dell SE2419HR 24" Monitor

    Is this monitor still available?
  2. Deluxxe Legend

    Solar cost per kWh

    I somehow missed this thread while doing my research for my solar installation. My cost is currently sitting at R140/kWh after two months. Production at 1448 kWh at the end of October.
  3. Deluxxe Legend

    Webafrica to acquire Mweb

    I am curious to find out where all the MWEB guys who say they are moving, will be moving to. It sure sounds like it ain't Webafrica! :D In any case, Afrihost has been doing my hosting for years now and my ADLS line used to be with them. But I have been with MWEB since I got fibre and have...
  4. Deluxxe Legend

    Deluxxes Solar Experience

    It's been approximately three weeks since my solar system installation, and I'm here to share the highs, lows, and valuable lessons I've experienced so far. The journey has been a blend of excitement and occasional frustration as I navigate the nuances of my new solar-powered lifestyle. One of...
  5. Deluxxe Legend

    Deluxxes Solar Experience

    Good point. And I didn't even notice it till you mentioned it, which is not like me! :giggle:
  6. Deluxxe Legend

    Snyper's Solar Farm

    Hey @Speedster, I finally took your suggestion and started my own thread. I am not sure if it will add any value to anyone, but here goes: https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/deluxxes-solar-experience.1254508/
  7. Deluxxe Legend

    Deluxxes Solar Experience

    My Solar Installation Journey: A Comprehensive Guide I'm excited to share my journey into solar with you. At first, I hesitated to write this blog, thinking I might not have much to contribute to the discussion, given the wealth of knowledge on solar installations available in forums like this...
  8. Deluxxe Legend

    SauRoN's SomeWatt Solar Install

    T Thanks for this tip. My installer had not included it because I neglected to tell him that I had a prepaid meter so he included the plug as the meter no longer worked when plugged in the house.
  9. Deluxxe Legend

    Snyper's Solar Farm

    Yes, those are indeed 40amp breakers, although I am not sure exactly what that means :-) I think someone more technical will need to explain this for us, but like you, I think the 12kW 3-phase inverter does indeed have 3 MPPTs but for some reason, MPPT1 and MPPT2 display as PV1 and MPPT3 as...
  10. Deluxxe Legend

    Snyper's Solar Farm

    Sorry, I needed to explain that better. Since I have a 3 phase inverter, PV1 and PV2 both go into one MPPT and the 3rd PV will go into the second MPPT. Not sure if that makes sense. But I have attached the pictures below to provide more clarity.
  11. Deluxxe Legend

    Snyper's Solar Farm

    Thank @Speedster, I have certainly thought about it but wondering if I will be able to add anything new that none of the guys have contributed already. No, we actually split them into 2 MPPTs and I have an extra one opened that can add 14 more panels. But I will certainly need to add a new...
  12. Deluxxe Legend

    Snyper's Solar Farm

    Thanks guys. Final installation done and here are the complete pictures. I will monitor usage and optimise the system as much as I can over the next few weeks/months and no doubt will have heaps more to learn. Thanks again for all the advise and support, it is greatly appreciated and would not...
  13. Deluxxe Legend

    Snyper's Solar Farm

    Day one installation completed. The main surprise was the cost of the 4 core 90m cable which the installer neglected to inform me about once we moved from an 8 to a 12 kW 3 phase inverter system. There is still the cabling to the main DB board as well as the solar panels to be done...
  14. Deluxxe Legend

    Snyper's Solar Farm

    So guess what, the delivery of my solar equipment finally arrived from Powerforum this morning. Now just waiting for the delivery of the mounting rails tomorrow, then installation commences on Saturday. Decided to give the roof a new lick of paint in the process.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X