One of the openserve technicians that came to fix my line( and yes beside my packet loss my line was down for 4 days due to some issues on openserves side, just my luck) said that they are actually busy replacing cables somewhere outside the exchange that will give higher speeds or something...
so what can we do to get rid of those packet losses at night? I am playing now and having 0 problems. it seems its just as night as im use to only get home latte afternoon.
Okay so quick update I am playing games now. and my ping is insanely low. 147 on europe with 0% packet losses. What could cause the packet losses at different times of the day then
I mostly shift between the evening times, i am going to test it in a few minutes swell since I have the day off. Trust me i am just as confused as you because even thou I am using a vpn my first jump outside the exchange will always be the same?
So just an update if anyone was interested. I tried using VPN software as some google searches said this helps. And while running the VPN software I have 0% packet losses. I can 100% game on a stable connection. Only problem is for all those proper VPN software I have to pay. Which I am not...
Still waiting for a reply on my convo message i sent you. but here is the local ping test. Still having INSANE packet losses and nobody have been able to help me I have not played a game in weeks now.
Also I don't know if this could be a result for packet losses. But there was a problem when upgrading my 2mb line to a 4mb line. Something in miss management from you guys and openserve. So I am still waiting for that to be sorted. Could this to some degree be a factor for packet losses?
Hi there, so i attached it to the router directly. I took another screenshot. This is definetly way better but there are still packet losses from the jumps after my router.
I moved into a new area, and moved my line from telkom here(just the voice) then ordered afrihost dsl and data(i am a new customer only been with them for a few weeks). All the copper lines are 100% i tested the snr margin attenuation and all that stuff.
Basically its been like this since i...
So I have the most INSANE packet losses I have ever seen. And to top it all of I have spoken to atleast 6+ afrihost support members and everytime they just reset my ports and ask me to restart my router. Then it doesn't do anything the packet losses persists and they say everything seems fine on...