Recent content by midasza

  1. M

    Afrihost - Pure Fibre Feedback Thread Part 2

    Anyone in Boksburg on Vumatel trenched having issues currently?
  2. M

    The last great DStv decoder

    Plus I worked with a team doing some swimming broadcasting - they had a LTE router to upload data, now this was a single fixed camera and a 2 person commentary team it wasn't a test match but as I had to come help there technical guys with OBS and their laptop and internet I think the problems...
  3. M

    The last great DStv decoder

    No one is making mention of one other big issue around streaming live sport. Besides the quality. Besides the fact that as u ramp up subscribers for a big game systems can't handle the load. The big issue is the 30second to 1minute lag that streaming has. When I travel I stream DSTV - and it...
  4. M

    Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 6

    Seems like Openserve is an issue still,
  5. M

    Web sQuad ISP - Feedback Thread #2

    Would u need to turn jumbo frames on on the router if you are running your own or on the ONT
  6. M

    Web sQuad ISP - Feedback Thread #2

    Surely there would be overhead on the L2tp if your router port is only 1Gb - so its 1Gb ethernet into ONT plus L2Tp overhead means you will lose some bandwidth to tunnel? I mean if the layer2 is 10gb (or 2.5) - sure then u can get there.
  7. M

    FNB announces enhancements to its eBucks Rewards loyalty programme

    Yes my time is VALUABLE - have seen what people who are on FNB do, the hoops they jump through. If I spend 1 hour looking at my rewards status in the month, it wipes out whatever I could get back in ebucks. FYI I am not a Capitec customer, but rather a Discovery customer but my level is wait I...
  8. M

    Home Assistant : Q&A, Tips & Tricks, Your Configs

    So the 10 version of Unifi controller has a tick box - enhance IOT connectivity that fixed a fair amount of these problems.
  9. M

    Web sQuad ISP - Feedback Thread #2

    I am moving to a new home and am looking at moving from the current ISP and was considering Websquad however I have a few requirements: No CGNAT - I run a homelab and while I can work around it with workarounds and VPN's I don't want to. Own router allowed - I would prefer to run my own...
  10. M

    Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 6

    Yes working now - not sure why I would need to do that though.
  11. M

    Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 6

    No auth - take 20 to 30 minutes to auth
  12. M

    Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 6

    Any issues on MFN with PPPOE/Radius Specifically with 19:13:18.757957 PPPoE PADO [Host-Uniq 0x56010000] [Service-Name] [AC-Name "TERJHBPPPAR2.coolideas"] [Service-Name "sfp-sfpplus2.1067.1002.Gauteng"] 19:13:18.758092 PPPoE PADR [Service-Name] [Host-Uniq 0x56010000] 19:13:18.767567 PPPoE...
  13. M

    Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 6

    Definite CI only - switch to Afrihost account on openserve give connectivity
  14. M

    Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 6

    Any update - been another whole day with no resolution
  15. M

    Cool Ideas Fibre ISP – Feedback Thread 6

    Any feedback - still down, multiple lines, going on 1 day now.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X