Recent content by ros_b

  1. R

    Why does my computer think I'm in Romania?

    Right, so I noticed the DNS Leak report showed Windscribe, and I do use Windscribe occasionally, but it was showing "disconnected" within Firefox and I'm not running the program outside of Firefox. When I read your post, I clicked on the little Windscribe icon within Firefox and it showed...
  2. R

    Why does my computer think I'm in Romania?

    No, I don't have a work network. I'm at home, I have a Vodacom router with a sim card on a Vodacom Business data contract (it was a sweet Black Friday deal)
  3. R

    Why does my computer think I'm in Romania?

    I'm using Firefox for Windows.
  4. R

    Why does my computer think I'm in Romania?

    Well 10.0.0.254 is what I put into my web browser to access my Vodacom router
  5. R

    Why does my computer think I'm in Romania?

    Nandos Lemon & Herb is too spicy for me, I wasn't about to try any chilli sauce!
  6. R

    Why does my computer think I'm in Romania?

    Funnily enough, I was in Romania a few weeks ago!
  7. R

    Why does my computer think I'm in Romania?

    Tracing route to vc-41-23-234-12.umts.vodacom.co.za [41.23.234.12] over a maximum of 30 hops: 1 3 ms 2 ms <1 ms 10.0.0.254 2 * * * Request timed out. 3 12 ms 26 ms 12 ms 10.221.99.1 4 11 ms 13 ms 13 ms 10.118.75.213 5 *...
  8. R

    Why does my computer think I'm in Romania?

    I did this. It thinks I'm in Romania.
  9. R

    Why does my computer think I'm in Romania?

    I opened Facebook on my laptop and I'm usually already logged in. But I was logged out and had to log back in. Facebook told me that I was logging in from Romania. Google is returning shopping results from Romanian stores in Romanian currency. So is Bing. This happened to me last week as well...
  10. R

    Woolworths Credit Card

    OK, so I can activate the first one as soon as I get it, and whenever she wants to use it, she can (before it expires at the end of the month)? If she doesn't want to use it, she just doesn't scan my barcode. That should work. Once she's used the first one, I activate the second one.
  11. R

    Woolworths Credit Card

    Ah, so all they need is the barcode. Great. After I activate a voucher, how long would she have to use it?
  12. R

    Woolworths Credit Card

    I'm going to be away for 4 months and don't want my free coffees going to waste - if I give a friend my physical card, will she be able to redeem the coffees without the app?
  13. R

    Prepaid option that allows UK/Europe roaming (for OTPs)?

    OK cool, thanks for that - I wasn't sure and getting a straight answer out of MTN is proving difficult. They keep saying "You must have airtime to send and receive SMS" but they won't tell me how much airtime and keep saying it depends on the country and the network where I'm roaming. They also...
  14. R

    Prepaid option that allows UK/Europe roaming (for OTPs)?

    I have asked them, when I was recently in Morocco and not getting OTPs, even though I had activated "Wifi calling" - they answered: "Unfortunately, Cell C prepaid does not support receiving SMSs via Wi-Fi calling, even when connected to Wi-Fi abroad."
  15. R

    Prepaid option that allows UK/Europe roaming (for OTPs)?

    Just to say that my phone unfortunately does not take an eSim. I do have an account with another bank that does in-app authorisations, but I prefer not to use that account. I also have a second credit card that does in-app authorisations, but again - I prefer not to use that card. So I do have...
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X