Tim_vb
Expert Member
#MorePlateMoreDatesMost of these fitness influencers are disingenuous about what they take - it definitely not just creatine.![]()
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
#MorePlateMoreDatesMost of these fitness influencers are disingenuous about what they take - it definitely not just creatine.![]()
Actually MPMD has spoken about his roid usage#MorePlateMoreDates
I am so fking tired of Kettlebell YouTubers spouting nonsense like 'Do this KB complex for 20 minutes to get excellent physique' while clearly having a bodybuilder physique that must have been result of hundreds of hours of non Kettlebell exercises.
Actually MPMD has spoken about his roid usage
None of the KB popularizers like Dan John, Pavel, Mike Wildman, Gregory have sculpted bodies and never had as far as I have seen on their YT channels. I am sure muscles react to progressive load so it must be possible to do it but I really doubt if they do it only using KB's.They have to come up with some "new" stuff all the time to try stay relevant.
The bottom line, is that almost everyone could just do the same simple routine and build a good physique, but where is the money in that, how will they sell you their programs or get you to watch their channel.
They are also mostly on gear or have been recently, I dont care, I used to take gear, but I dont sell fake dreams to people and create unrealistic expectations.
Yip but there are some genuine YT content creators that show the difference just few hours can make but these are mostly ladies.Lastly the edits, they only show you the best of themselves, with great lighting and a pump. People really underestimate how drastically different you can look under different lighting and different times of the day
You could try doing slow overhead presses with the 16kg - 5 or 10 seconds up and down. Increasing time under tension will increase the difficulty. When you can do sets of 1 or 2 reps with the 24 you can build from there.Trying to progress from single hand 16Kg kettlebell press to 24Kg kettlebell press but without buying 20Kg is a challenge.
I am looking to use resistance bands to see if that helps. Don't want to clutter house/garage with new weights or anything really. Trying to be as minimalistic as possible.
Good idea. I pushed up 24Kg with both hands yesterday and tried some assisted negatives. One day, I will get there.You could try doing slow overhead presses with the 16kg - 5 or 10 seconds up and down. Increasing time under tension will increase the difficulty. When you can do sets of 1 or 2 reps with the 24 you can build from there.
I write with my left I hand, when it comes to sports, I favour my right hand - right side is stronger.Good idea. I pushed up 24Kg with both hands yesterday and tried some assisted negatives. One day, I will get there.
I found out that non dominant hand seems easier than dominant one. Crazy.
![]()
I am so fking tired of Kettlebell YouTubers spouting nonsense like 'Do this KB complex for 20 minutes to get excellent physique' while clearly having a bodybuilder physique that must have been result of hundreds of hours of non Kettlebell exercises.
I call them "shitfluencers" ... goodness they grind my gears. lol. "Just drink this specific electrolytes in the morning and this preworkout and you will get SWOLE - use code liegbekliggawaan at checkout". lol. Meantime they are juiced to the gills. HAHAMost of these fitness influencers are disingenuous about what they take - it definitely not just creatine.![]()
Time for a pivot from me I guess. HAHAHAHAHaven't come across any male content creator showing his paunch yet.


6 sets with 2 reps each? That's an interesting program. Or did you maybe swap reps and sets around?20Kg is too far in the future. Ate a humble pie since I can't get single handed 16Kg press with KB for 3 sets of 5 reps yet. At least not with correct form.
Resetting routine to chatGPT suggestion to see if this works. Will work on 16Kg, every alternate day of week, for a while. Plus there are other exercises of course but want to try this as a constant for at least 3 months.
View attachment 1936339


No. I thought I could do 3 sets of 5 reps each hand but when I saw my form in front of mirror, it wasn't good after 3 reps so I fed that prompt to chatGPT and it came up with more sets and less reps. Even though chatGPT is wrong in this case, it won't hurt really. 4 weeks will pass quickly.6 sets with 2 reps each? That's an interesting program. Or did you maybe swap reps and sets around?
Do them seated.Trying to progress from single hand 16Kg kettlebell press to 24Kg kettlebell press but without buying 20Kg is a challenge.
I am looking to use resistance bands to see if that helps. Don't want to clutter house/garage with new weights or anything really. Trying to be as minimalistic as possible.
Maybe try ladders down from 5 or 4 reps per set? 30 to 60 seconds rest between sets (or swap side + 30 seconds maybe)20Kg is too far in the future. Ate a humble pie since I can't get single handed 16Kg press with KB for 3 sets of 5 reps yet. At least not with correct form.
Thanks, will try this for 4 weeks (alternate days) and see how it goes. Decreasing ladder sounds doable.Maybe try ladders down from 5 or 4 reps per set? 30 to 60 seconds rest between sets (or swap side + 30 seconds maybe)
5+4+3+2+1 = 15 =3x5 and your sets get easier as you go down. Add 1 rep total every session or other session.
Ah... ok now I understand. Thanks for the clarification.No. I thought I could do 3 sets of 5 reps each hand but when I saw my form in front of mirror, it wasn't good after 3 reps so I fed that prompt to chatGPT and it came up with more sets and less reps. Even though chatGPT is wrong in this case, it won't hurt really. 4 weeks will pass quickly.