The Workout and Fitness Thread

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
As the 2020 Weight Loss Thread seems to be continuing into the New Year, I thought I would start a companion thread for workouts and fitness, similar to the 2019 Workout Check In Thread.

As well as sharing your stats and and progress to keep motivated and accountable it would be great to see people share their fitness goals, tips, favorite workouts/exercises, resources, playlists etc.

All levels welcome. Are you ready? Let's do this :cool:

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
To kick off, I'll share my workout from yesterday. Mixed interval HIIT with jump rope.

8x 30 seconds work 15 seconds rest per set. Alternating jump rope with one other exercise per set.
Set 1: Both feet Jump rope plus mountain climbers
Set 2: Alternate feet jump plus spidermans
Set 3: Boxer Skips plus Squat Jumps
Set 4: Scissor skips plus Speedskaters

1611470629577.png

cerebus

Honorary Master
The last few months I've been doing all my working out via Ring Fit Adventure, but now my work is offering some online bootcamp/HIIT stuff I may mix that in as well

Joeboy69

Expert Member
f6f92274de0f176681c7e94ee60f8932.jpg

Looking forward to what others are doing on this thread. I only cycle but must start doing some core exercises. I did a 100-mile base ride yesterday.

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
The last few months I've been doing all my working out via Ring Fit Adventure, but now my work is offering some online bootcamp/HIIT stuff I may mix that in as well
I got back into fitness 5 years ago through a similar wellness program at work which I've been active in ever since as as participant and assistant coach. Apart from the fitness aspect it has huge benefits in terms of the relationships with colleagues and the work environment. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

PoppieChoffel

Executive Member
Is the Ring Fit effective? Been wanting to get it, but holy hell it's so pricey locally for the physical bundle

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
f6f92274de0f176681c7e94ee60f8932.jpg

Looking forward to what others are doing on this thread. I only cycle but must start doing some core exercises. I did a 100-mile base ride yesterday.

Quite a few good core workouts via the Darebee.com link above. Planks, hollow holds, leg/knee raises, dead bugs, windshield wipers, wood chops and bird dogs are all great core exercises.

Crunches tend to only target the 6 pack muscles so limited from a core strength point of view. Bridge exercises are good for strengthening the muscles either side of the spine, as well as the glutes. A lot of other general compound exercises like squats and push ups will also help with core strength.

cerebus

Honorary Master
Is the Ring Fit effective? Been wanting to get it, but holy hell it's so pricey locally for the physical bundle

Well I got it in September and I’ve been playing it 4-5 times a week since then, and I’m on world 7 out of 21 attempting to get 100% completion in every world. So the value is actually pretty good for me if it replaces a gym membership which nobody can do nowadays anyway.

I think if you’re hardcore into fitness you might find that Ring Fit doesn’t push you as hard as you might want but otherwise it’s brilliant and even the side games like the rhythm game are well developed.

The other service I’ve been looking at is Apple Fitness+. The price is reasonable and the workouts look good but I don’t have a 3rd gen Watch, but I would consider upgrading my watch to use it.

ajules

Expert Member
IMG_1372.png
I do resistance/strength training six days a week.Consider it my escape from the insanity we are currently experiencing!!
Goal this year is to lose 4kg of body fat and replace it with lean muscle.
Good luck to everyone with their fitness and health goals

cerebus

Honorary Master
I do resistance/strength training six days a week.Consider it my escape from the insanity we are currently experiencing!!

Good luck, keep us posted

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
1611596003075.png

Was going to o strength today but my power went off late morning so I went to the office. Did 4 sets of jump rope after work just to make sure I did something today.

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
Screenshot_20210126_180817.jpg Screenshot_20210126_180930.jpg
Recovery/deload this week so I used the suspension trainer for easier versions of my usual exercises for today's strength workout. Finished up with a bit of mobility work.

Last edited:

Tinuva

The Magician
View attachment 999698
How do you lose 4kg when you replace the fat with lean muscle? So you staying same weight just converting fat for muscle?

6spdmanual

Expert Member
3C9C21C7-94C5-43A2-9431-FB48469553FC.png

First day at Morningside Planet Fitness today. Switched over from my previous club as the Morningside one is about a 20 minute walk away . Will definitely be doing more gym visits moving forward. Upper body today with a focus on biceps. Will be doing some legs in the morning followed by a spinning class in the afternoon.

6spdmanual

Expert Member
My BMI is good at the moment. I’m 174cm tall and weight 71kg. Would like a bit more of muscle mass. So maybe weight about 75/76 kilos. Body fat percentage is at 19% currently. That I’d like to remain the same or lose a few percentages. 2021 is definitely the year :thumbsup::)