The 2019 Weight Loss Thread - Workout Check-in Thread

APoc184

Honorary Master
/sub

Starting again on Monday as I took the week of due to a sore and slimy throat. Also because my diet has gone to **** the past week and I simply can't get myself into the gym when I'm full of carbs and bloated.

InvisibleJim

Darebee.com is my favourite fitness website. They have workouts, programs, articles and a library of YouTube videos demonstrating different exercises and routines.

They are a not-for-profit project aiming to make fitness freely accessible to everyone so please consider donating if you get value from the project (I have no affiliation with the project whatsoever apart from being a huge fan.)

Eniigma

Expert Member
I started cross fit in August 2017 and loved it. Was doing it up till March last year, cancelled my membership in June. The first half of 2018 was just a nightmare for me financially and it became unstustainable. Since then (March) I've put on 15+ kgs and not done any exercise.

I'm tempted to take up the discovery offer and join Virgin for R900 but I don't know if i'll actually go. The class and structure of CF is what kept me going.

My imediate plan now is to get up at 5am and start walking and working up to being able to run 5km.

I'd rather sit in a bath tub full of cockroaches and razor blades than exercise in the afternoon.

Sugarman

Making Sugar
I started cross fit in August 2017 and loved it. Was doing it up till March last year, cancelled my membership in June. The first half of 2018 was just a nightmare for me financially and it became unstustainable. Since then (March) I've put on 15+ kgs and not done any exercise.

I'm tempted to take up the discovery offer and join Virgin for R900 but I don't know if i'll actually go. The class and structure of CF is what kept me going.

My imediate plan now is to get up at 5am and start walking and working up to being able to run 5km.

I'd rather sit in a bath tub full of cockroaches and razor blades than exercise in the afternoon.
Personally I like doing exercise in the morning and afternoon.
The afternoon exercise usually makes for a good nights sleep. What you can do to help you keep motivated is see if there is a Running/ Athletics club close by. They usually have a group run between 1-3 times a week and it is usually open for anyone to join. This is from runner to walkers.

Also try the 30 day Yoga challenge for the afternoon exercise if you would rather run/ walk in the mornings.

Snyper564

Expert Member

That's an awesome plan! spend that money on GOOD running shoes Asics/brooks not nikes (long story).

I started the same and worked my way from couch to 5km in 2 weeks never ran in my life and three months later was doing 30-40km a week. Its cheap great exercise and fat melts off you.

I also exercise in the morning. Get up at 445 and I'm at gym at 5. I cannot do the evenings my job/life is to unpredictable I can control my mornings not my evenings.

ekske1

Executive Member
Hmmm not my favorite in my weekly set, but still good things in it

// checks in with 30 mins of isometric and turkish get-up.

Snyper564

Expert Member
Any recommended chest straps for HRM?
There are many options if you have a tomtom or garmin get their chest strap otherwise there are a few others that you can use with your phone depnds on what you have/want

Snyper564

Expert Member
Got my afternoon run done. Strugling but getting there.
Its the start and thats what matters!

My best 5km before I got seriously sick for 8 months in 2015... Cant believe I could run like that. From abs no base and started in Jan that year to that. Working to get back to this!

5km.jpg

Last edited:

Sugarman

Making Sugar
The only problem now with regular exercise is trying to regulate food intake.
Feeling hungry and telling one self its not really hunger.

DuckKnuckle

That’s when you start drinking water.

I’d also advise everyone to measure their waists. You’ll get to the point where muscle weight increases and when you see your weight loss slow down, it’s good to keep checking your waist every 2 or so weeks so you can stay motivated

Snyper564

Expert Member
The only problem now with regular exercise is trying to regulate food intake.
Feeling hungry and telling one self its not really hunger.
I forced myself to drink sparkling water help me cut out all sugary fizzy drinks and helps get that H20 :) Also after awhile its awesome!