The 2019 Weight Loss Thread - Workout Check-in Thread

APoc184

Honorary Master
About 45min of weights.

Only at 70% of regular volume to ease back into things after 2 weeks off because of flu and also falling off the diet wagon.

Will start pushing little bit more every night now until I'm back to regular volume. Should be hitting regular weights for most lifts by Thursday or Friday again.

Getting back to lifting after going heavy on Carbs for a while always leads to two big issues.
1. Excessive sweating. Even at reduced effort. I'm still wiping away an hour later.
2. The muscle burn is insane. Feel like crying at times. Shoulders and forearms hurt the most. Guessing it is the excess glycogen that are mostly absent on a strict low Carb diet.

Sugarman

Making Sugar
About 45min of weights.

Only at 70% of regular volume to ease back into things after 2 weeks off because of flu and also falling off the diet wagon.

Will start pushing little bit more every night now until I'm back to regular volume. Should be hitting regular weights for most lifts by Thursday or Friday again.

Getting back to lifting after going heavy on Carbs for a while always leads to two big issues.
1. Excessive sweating. Even at reduced effort. I'm still wiping away an hour later.
2. The muscle burn is insane. Feel like crying at times. Shoulders and forearms hurt the most. Guessing it is the excess glycogen that are mostly absent on a strict low Carb diet.
Where is your poof

InvisibleJim

screenshot.9.jpg
Evening Workout:
Jog and Indian Clubs to Warm Up
4 Sets Tricep Dips, Bodyweight Squats, Dead Bugs, Pushups, Straight Bridges
10x 50m Sprints
3x 60Count elbow Plank
Stretch and cooldown

Noisybottom

45 minute cardio gym session done. My word sometimes getting up at 445 is difficult!
Mmmm........ Alarm set for 4:35 so I would go gym, I cancelled it and reset for 5:10 instead, enjoyed the extra 30 mins shut eye and then did my 5km 30:24min run, when I say run I mean more of a trudge.

ekske1

Executive Member
Wow wednesday already; its not been a good week so far getting to actually do some training. At least the good news is I am getting another set of kettle bells so I can do the pair training. When those arrive I just need to get a HRM. ahaha.

APoc184

Honorary Master
The app is called FITIV Pulse. It's pretty basic but it does what I need. Got the paid version (quite cheap once-off).
Thanks. I quite like the simplicity and the layout.

Unfortunately checked now and see it won't work with my Garmin watch. I assume you use it with a HR Chest strap or something similar?

Edit: Or Apple Watch of course!

dabean

Expert Member
Thanks. I quite like the simplicity and the layout.

Unfortunately checked now and see it won't work with my Garmin watch. I assume you use it with a HR Chest strap or something similar?
Yes I use a chest strap. Wahoo Tickr X at the moment but the cheapies work just as well.

I have a wrist based HR monitor (Sony Smartband 2) but it mostly stops working when my heartrate goes above 160 and doesn't update quickly enough even in workout mode.

I wash the strap with shampoo in the shower after workouts and drop it in the washing machine once a week.