The 2019 Weight Loss Thread - Workout Check-in Thread

InvisibleJim

Short workout with short jog to warm up then kettlebell swings with pushup ladder down from 15 pushups. (20 kettlebell swings followed by 15 pushups. Then repeat reducing the number of pushups each round by one - ends up 300 swings and 120 pushups.) Hits just about every muscle in the body between the two exercises.

Noisybottom

Anyone into parkruns? Trying to better my 5 km time. Started at 35 minutes, currently consistently doing 28 minutes or just below. Aiming for 25 minutes.
I registered for Parkrun about 3 years ago, attempted it twice (but my toddler got us sidetracked to the jungle gym on route) before mid December when my Garmin device packed up so couldn't get my vitality goal so did a Park run to get the points. Now I have done 5 including my local one on New Year's day. I'll be there tomorrow again. I like it. Best time is 27 min 23 sec. Aiming for a 25 min by end February.

Mephisto_Helix

Resident Postwhore
30min walk to the beach early morning
30mins on a punchbag midday'ish
45min walk to the beach with the dogs after 6pm
20mins weights after that

That's Monday - Saturday ..... feeling easier by the week already so may have to add something soon

InvisibleJim

Anyone into parkruns? Trying to better my 5 km time. Started at 35 minutes, currently consistently doing 28 minutes or just below. Aiming for 25 minutes.
I was aiming to complete my 50 Park Runs in 2018 but I lost a few weeks running from an injury. Will be running number 46 tomorrow. PB is 25.03 (back in May) but currently also running in +/- 28.

handyman007

ekske1

Executive Member
Well that was it for my 5-day trek* ending it on my endurance workout: about 2 hours of kettle bells going through
Halos > Swing > Shoulder Press > Squats > Triceps > 6 min stairs > Biceps > Rows > Dead lifts > Chest

Now its time for weekend. Until Monday strikes. ahaha.

*Normally do 5x days of kettle bell routines and then rest for two days with one of them eat wtf I want.

ekske1

Executive Member
Really enjoy kettlebells. If you have any good source material of workouts or plans, please share.
Sure I'll pm you the plans later on. I only work with the RKCs, thats the russian kettle bells as sold by dragon door. I do enjoy them a lot. It is the full motion with no thrills or no help-me-do-it; after I've started on the kettle bells I've not used my other weights at home at all. In fact I've given them away. ahaha.

In any case I mainly follow Pavel Tsatsouline, Phill Ross and Karen Smith. Phill Ross has his own online training programs which I might join and try out to supplement my routines.

abudabi

Expert Member
Weekend's no time for gym... So 30 mins laps in the pool at home makes up for it. Gotta get something done as the carbs are coming later. :laugh:

Fcon_Vpro

Went to "myrun - the campus" this morning only to find out that its only starting next week :X3:
Majority of the other myruns open today, just the campus opening later.
Still did the 5km but sadly wont get 300 points and probably just 100 for today.