The 2019 Weight Loss Thread

PoppieChoffel

Executive Member
Im wondering I know we can obviously all join strava etc... but can we maybe create another thread to do exercise check ins? will help with the motivation and then come here with weekly updates dont want this thread flooded. Thoughts?
Good idea, will refrain from posting updates of that sort here. Link if you start a thread please. Feel too newbie-ish to do so myself

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
- Age 46
- Male
- Height 170
- Method of Weightloss Paleo, Strength Training/Exercise, Running
- Highest Weight Ever 96Kg
- Weight at sign-up 78.8kg
- Goal Weight 73 kg

TL/DR Last 5years or so I've been through a lifestyle change that I never expected to be able to make. It actually started when Pooky posted a link on MyBB to nerdfitness.com which introduced me to paleo, IF and bodyweight training.

I believe that community is an extremely powerful force when it comes to one's health and fitness so this year I'm mainly signing up to motivate and support any of you guys that I can and hopefully give a bit back.

Good luck to all of you :)

Last edited:

jouda

Expert Member
- Male
- Height: 1.74
- Method of Weightloss: Running, cycling and diet
- Highest Weight Ever: 97
- Weight at sign-up: 92
- Goal Weight: 80

jouda

Expert Member
So just a question, what do you base your target weight on. I have mine at 80, but I havent weighed 80 in many many years

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
So just a question, what do you base your target weight on. I have mine at 80, but I havent weighed 80 in many many years
You can calculate your BMI which in your case would suggest you should aim to get below about 78kg or so. BMI isn't the be all and end all though and in my own case tends to suggest a bit on the low side of where I look and feel pretty healthy.

80kg is probably a good realistic initial target for you to aim for - eating correctly you can reasonably expect to lose 1-2 kg per week on average so 80kg would be achievable in +/- 3 months

GhostSixFour

Mafia Addict
@Madaboutbullterriers Are you already doing IF, or planning on starting? I've never done it myself but thinking of starting with the 16/8 IF. Just no idea how I'd manage ... I'm always starving by 9am (get to the office around 6am).
My question is similar, but different. :)
I have also tried IF, how do you stop the horrific breath that you develop that tells the world you're hungry?

abudabi

Expert Member
I have also tried IF, how do you stop the horrific breath that you develop that tells the world you're hungry?
That's more a ketosis thing than an IF thing isn't it? I've been doing IF for a few years and dont have that.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Drink more water. Use sugar free mints if necessary

Snyper564

Expert Member
Ketosis IF Banting are all too drastic for me. I keep it simple. Good, clean whole foods, portion control (everything in moderation) its an easier lifestyle change and also easier to maintain. Just my 2c also what works for me :)

When we go shopping we literally buy fresh fruit and vegetables and meat/fish skip the rest apart from the steelcut oats. None of that processed nonsense.

Eniigma

Expert Member
Here is a quick sheet setup:

<snip>
The BMI & MASS Ideal is a estimate calculation and should not be taken as sound medical advice.
The estimates are calculated based on height.
Ideal weight is the estimated healthy mass of a person with that height.
Adjusted weight, is the current weight taken in consideration and a estimation of what the target weight can be taken to.
BMI is as above
Oh that's both awesome and scary. Thanks man. Hopefully my putting it out there here will help me keep focused on it this year.

Snyper564

Expert Member
Oh that's both awesome and scary. Thanks man. Hopefully my putting it out there here will help me keep focused on it this year.
Remember to "Check in" in the other thread as well. Keep you motivated!

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Zero exercise done this week :p Apart from my average daily 5000 steps...

Interim checkin, -2kg :D

RogueAssassin

Low carb.
A lot depends how much you have to lose - the more you have, the quicker it will go initially.
If I must be honest with myself. This week wasn’t a good week. Whilst I was still significantly under the calorie budget I don’t think I ate correctly.

An injury derailed me so I need to pick myself up and go again.