The 2019 Weight Loss Thread

Sinbad

Honorary Master
If I must be honest with myself. This week wasn’t a good week. Whilst I was still significantly under the calorie budget I don’t think I ate correctly.

An injury derailed me so I need to pick myself up and go again.
Then you aren't doing too badly. Moving in the right direction is progress!

Something else to be aware of, is you're going to get periods where the scale doesn't move at all. However you'll probably be losing inches during that time, so if you really need to see progress to motivate yourself, then you also need to measure...

Lord Flacko

Expert Member
- Male
- Conservative Eating Plus Naturally Fast Metabolism

I don’t really want to gain weight, just add more meat on my body that’s all.

RogueAssassin

Then you aren't doing too badly. Moving in the right direction is progress!

Something else to be aware of, is you're going to get periods where the scale doesn't move at all. However you'll probably be losing inches during that time, so if you really need to see progress to motivate yourself, then you also need to measure...
Thank you for guidance and feedback. I appreciate it.

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
I picked up Pi.Fit Smart Scale in their Christmas sale and I see they are again on special.

As well as weight you can a track body composition measurements (muscle, water body fat, BMI etc.) in an app on your phone. Very happy with mine so far and service from Pi.Fit and the courier with my order was excellent.

Hephaestus

Forging
PLEASE, all be reminded! Weigh in is on MONDAY, please do not do a early post, we have quite a few members participating, this makes keeping record dificault. I will tag each member for a reminder.

RogueAssassin

I picked up Pi.Fit Smart Scale in their Christmas sale and I see they are again on special.

As well as weight you can a track body composition measurements (muscle, water body fat, BMI etc.) in an app on your phone. Very happy with mine so far and service from Pi.Fit and the courier with my order was excellent.
Do you find it accurate

InvisibleJim

Expert Member
Do you find it accurate
I haven't scientifically validated the readings but I have a pretty good idea of where I am anyway and so far I'm more than happy to take the figures at face value. I believe they have a good degree of accuracy for a home use product and more than adequate for my requirements.

EDIT: The Scales do calibrate themselves each time they are powered on. So far all my measurements are consistent and within credible ranges.

Last edited:

wise_guy

Expert Member
Noted. I weigh on Friday's in case of an off-the-rails weekend. Will save and post on Monday's in future
Will be doing this as well. Attended 2 functions this weekend so tomorrow morn won't be pretty.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Argh. The low carb constipation has arrived. No sht for 2 days so far...
Doesn't bode well for weigh in