The 2019 Weight Loss Thread

Hephaestus

Forging
Here is a quick sheet setup:

Untitled.png

The BMI & MASS Ideal is a estimate calculation and should not be taken as sound medical advice.
The estimates are calculated based on height.
Ideal weight is the estimated healthy mass of a person with that height.
Adjusted weight, is the current weight taken in consideration and a estimation of what the target weight can be taken to.
BMI is as above

Nobody Important

Executive Member

View attachment 600332

The BMI & MASS Ideal is a estimate calculation and should not be taken as sound medical advice.
Adjusted weight, is the current weight taken in consideration and a estimation of what the target weight can be taken to.
BMI is as above
So how does this work? How frequently should we post an update here? I assume you are kindly managing the spreadsheet?

powermzii

Expert Member
Gonna give this a try this year. Need to just get fitter and more energetic

- Age - 35
- Male/Female - Male
- Height - 178cm
- Method of Weightloss - Exercise (gym), Running (Road, Trail and Obstacle races), Eating right
- Highest Weight Ever - 88
- Weight at sign-up - 88
- Goal Weight - 75

Hephaestus

Forging
Ideal weight lol.
To get to that ideal weight I will need to lose every ounce of fat on my body and then cut off a significant limb.
That is why I say, only a suggested, best is to aim for the Adjusted weight. According to that your target weight should be 88.3kg

So how does this work? How frequently should we post an update here? I assume you are kindly managing the spreadsheet?
Once a week, Think we can do it on Monday's

PoppieChoffel

Executive Member
Ideal weight lol.
To get to that ideal weight I will need to lose every ounce of fat on my body and then cut off a significant limb.
Hahahaha same - I last weighed that probably when I was 15. I'll need to check my height again - I know from experience that if I'm under 70kg, I look like somebody who has been drip fed a tablespoon of molasses and naught else for a year (a corpse).

PoppieChoffel

Executive Member

View attachment 600332

BMI is as above
Thanks for doing this! Will need to check my height and verify.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Hahahaha same - I last weighed that probably when I was 15. I'll need to check my height again - I know from experience that if I'm under 70kg, I look like somebody who has been drip fed a tablespoon of molasses and naught else for a year (a corpse).
Biokineticist with skinfold test and all sorts of fancy stuff put my lean mass at about 73kg.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Nicely done. Yah that BMI ideal kills me every time, I'll be very happy if I get my new goal but to be honest, if I have to settle for where I am, not complaining. I'm certainly not aiming for that ideal.

Hephaestus

Forging
Just let me know if anyone wants me to change their goal weight to the estimated "Adjusted Mass"

abudabi

Expert Member
Ideal weight lol.
You might think it... but not really. I'm same stats as you (male, 42, 1.75) and I'm on 70 atm and I STILL have a wobbly bit around my abs. Muscles are fairly defined but obviously could be better

Anti-Chris

Male
Height: 1,85m
Weightloss method: Trying my own thing, basically comes down to monitoring my calorie intake and getting active
Highest weight ever: 126kg (To be confirmed)
Weight at Sign-up: 126kg (To be confirmed)
Goal weight 105Kg

Blu82

Expert Member
- Age - 38
- Male/Female - Male
- Height - 183cm
- Method of Weight-loss - Exercise routine and reduced calorie intake
- Highest Weight Ever - 89
- Weight at sign-up - 88
- Goal Weight - 82

wise_guy

Expert Member
That is why I say, only a suggested, best is to aim for the Adjusted weight. According to that your target weight should be 88.3kg

Once a week, Think we can do it on Monday's
Kudos for doing the table in the Fanie tradition. Looks great.
May I suggest weigh-ins on Friday before the weekend splurge?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
You might think it... but not really. I'm same stats as you (male, 42, 1.75) and I'm on 70 atm and I STILL have a wobbly bit around my abs. Muscles are fairly defined but obviously could be better
Note my later post about lean mass

RogueAssassin

Hi. Would like to join for the 2019 year.

At sign-up, please provide the following details:
- Age - 31/32

- Male

- Height - 1.68

- Method of Weightloss - intermittent fasting, reduced calories (calorie counting), exercise and training.

- Highest Weight Ever - 154KG (1 November 2018)

- Weight at sign-up - 138KG

- Goal Weight - 85KG