The 2019 Weight Loss Thread

Kosmik

Honorary Master
@Sugarman can you explain the adjusted BMI and weight? What calcs you using and whats the basis? Just curious as it seems more reasonable than the straight BMI.

Hephaestus

Forging
@Sugarman can you explain the adjusted BMI and weight? What calcs you using and whats the basis? Just curious as it seems more reasonable than the straight BMI.
Adjusted Body Weight (ABW), for use in obese patients (where actual body weight > IBW): ABW = IBW + 0.4 x (actual body weight - IBW)

The Adjusted BMI uses the ABW for calculation as thus: ABW/(H²)

Snyper564

Executive Member
Let the challenge begin. Ate well yesterday was at the gym at 5:00am. Lets do this!

Think I must make more of an effort checking in here. Helps being held a little more "accountable". All the best guys/ladies!

PoppieChoffel

Executive Member
Is there anyone here using Garmins or similar tech, maybe we can create a group there and encourage activity? Or maybe on Myfitnesspal or similar?
I'm using a Garmin Vivo Move and use the Garmin Connect App (Chantal Wood), as well as MyFitnessPal (Choffel).

PrinceVlad

I am in as well, have to seriously start doing something again.

- Age - 39
- Male/Female - Male
- Height - 183cm
- Method of Weightloss - Running (Road and Trail), Low Carb with Intermittent Fasting
- Highest Weight Ever - 140
- Weight at sign-up - 125
- Goal Weight - 85

Hephaestus

Forging
Is there anyone here using Garmins or similar tech, maybe we can create a group there and encourage activity? Or maybe on Myfitnesspal or similar?
How about strava? I have a tomtom watch but the strap broke and because they have pulled from RSA it is difficult to get one.

I'm using a Garmin Vivo Move and use the Garmin Connect App (Chantal Wood), as well as MyFitnessPal (Choffel).
How about google fit?
Have not heard of MyFitnessPal

Hephaestus

Forging
I am in as well, have to seriously start doing something again.

- Age - 39
- Male/Female - Male
- Height - 183cm
- Method of Weightloss - Running (Road and Trail), Low Carb with Intermittent Fasting
- Highest Weight Ever - 140
- Weight at sign-up - 125
- Goal Weight - 85
Added, Your ideal weight is 77.7kg, Adjusted Weight is: 96.6kg.
Going for a goal weight of 85kg is good.

PoppieChoffel

Executive Member
How about google fit?
Have not heard of MyFitnessPal
MyFitnessPal allows you to track what you're eating in a day for calories / kj consumption (even includes a handy barcode scanner for food items that works incredibly well when not manually adding something), as well as a view for the macro breakdown's which is important for me when tracking carbs vs fat vs protein intake ratio's. Free to use to access features I've mentioned - more detailed nutritional breakdowns and goal tweaks allowed on paid for, but I feel the free to use features are enough for me. I use Garmin Connect because I have a Garmin device, which syncs with MyFitnessPal and adjusts calorie allowance for the day accordingly - it works for me.

Hephaestus

Forging
MyFitnessPal allows you to track what you're eating in a day for calories / kj consumption (even includes a handy barcode scanner for food items that works incredibly well when not manually adding something), as well as a view for the macro breakdown's which is important for me when tracking carbs vs fat vs protein intake ratio's. Free to use to access features I've mentioned - more detailed nutritional breakdowns and goal tweaks allowed on paid for, but I feel the free to use features are enough for me. I use Garmin Connect because I have a Garmin device, which syncs with MyFitnessPal and adjusts calorie allowance for the day accordingly - it works for me.
Which one is the app to download?
They have quite a few