Soundbar : No Sound

RVR

Expert Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2014
Messages
1,816
Reaction score
110
Location
Durban
Just recently my Sinotec 5.1 soundbar started giving me some issues.

I assumed it was a bad HDMi cable since it's connected to my TV but then I realised that I can easily check by just playing music like a regular speaker but even then there's no sound. I don't even get a notification sound as I change modes etc.

I tried unplugging and replugging etc but still nothing

Everything else works, power on, mode change BUT dead silence.

Has anyone experienced something like this?
 
Haha yeah, no sound whatsoever

Past the warranty.
 
Quite possibly a fuse that has gone and killed the amplifier.

Unlikely to be externally accessible though.
 
Yeah I'm thinking whether to save up or see if can be repaired but maybe I do need a get new soundbar and try and sell this.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X