EmmanuelGoldstein
Expert Member
- Joined
- Apr 26, 2016
- Messages
- 4,775
- Reaction score
- 4,854
Unstable View my brahYour locations might be helpful.
South Africa’s biggest forum. Discuss, discover, and connect with thousands of members.
Unstable View my brahYour locations might be helpful.
He's up the west coast somewhere.Unstable View my brah
Yes, about 1 1/2 hours drive from hereHe's up the west coast somewhere.
Crotch?You by the crotch part?
I am 150 km from there.Unstable View my brah
Saldanha/Langebaan?I am 150 km from there.
Everyone doesn't live in the Table View area.
Saldanha/Langebaan?
I believe I am correct.St Helena Bay
Never heard of it called that, but I am a n00b.I believe I am correct.![]()




It was just shy of 01H11 when the Gods sent forth their rage. The German Shepard awoke me from my slumber, this mighty guard dog whimpering like a scared beast next to my bed as the entire room flashed like a kodak camera from the eighties.... then an incredible crash rolled through the heavens....
That was it for the next hour, the heavens opened..... at first it was gentle, then it fell with much ferocity..... Around 02H00 I could hear the new neighbour across the road shoveling sand into his driveway, building a sand wall to keep the tide out.
Our average rainfall around these here parts is between 17 to 21 mm on a good year.... last night it came in one downpour....
The thunder and lightning moved slowly South into the Republic in the general direction of Springbok......
Our weather remains warm, overcast with a few mm inbound this morning..
The walk to work was interesting, I was going to wear flip flops, but the English HO was having none of it..... "Put on your hiking boots you muppet......", she commanded....
Now the below pics will not look like much to you okes that are accustomed to rain, but for us desert folk, it be mighty impressive....
View attachment 1940338
View attachment 1940339
View attachment 1940340
View attachment 1940341
I look at a Southern Africa Sat image every single day, pondering how far (and low) we humans have come. I ponder how it could take a more than a year for sailors in the 1800 to see a mere 1% of what I can see in a single picture...I used to really enjoy downloading satellite images, but after my PC crashed, and EUMetsat changed their menus, I lost interest. Always great to get a large scale overview of a big weather system like this one!
![southafricasnownext3days[20261003_1800].jpg southafricasnownext3days[20261003_1800].jpg](https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/data/attachments/1880/1880974-87f3035c0f4a505c3324459d54ce089e.jpg?hash=SQW_2k4rr2)