Samsung Galaxy S25, S25+ and S25 Ultra

1780131903662.png1780131915221.png
A Samsung Galaxy S25 FE reportedly exploded while charging overnight and injured its owner. According to the user, the phone was charging directly on a mattress inside a thick leather wallet case that also contained loose coins. The setup may have trapped heat and contributed to the overheating.
Photos: idgaf88__ / Reddit
 
View attachment 1911701View attachment 1911702
A Samsung Galaxy S25 FE reportedly exploded while charging overnight and injured its owner. According to the user, the phone was charging directly on a mattress inside a thick leather wallet case that also contained loose coins. The setup may have trapped heat and contributed to the overheating.
Photos: idgaf88__ / Reddit
That's rather seriously stupid way to charge
 
Speaking of overcharging, 4 days ago inadvertently left my S25 Ultra to charge perhaps another 30 minutes longer than it needed once reaching 100%. The phone then proceeded to last about 80% longer before needing a recharge meaning I almost went two full days without needing to recharge.

I am repeating the experiment although it was tainted by me opting in to backup photos to Google Drive (a few months worth of photos) on Saturday evening. I'm now on a day and a half since my last charge (Saturday evening) and I'm at 36%.

My battery life prior to this was dismal the last few months. I can't say that I attribute this extra battery life performance to any recent phone software updates as I didn't apply any updates just before the improved battery performance.

I'm on standard battery saving mode but this has been enabled for several weeks now.
 
I never charge overnight. I simply bought faster Belkin chargers ie 45-65w and run cools and works like a charm.
 
Looks like the S26 Users only started getting the update yesterday. So then we might only get it next week.

nope - last time around for OneUI 8.5 the S25 series was only getting it two weeks after the S26 series - and ZA was slightly behind the rest of the world - we will probably start getting it together with India
 
Check out the S26 Thread.

guy - all the phones don't get it at the same time - they start with the newest first - so yes they start with the S26 series then 2 weeks later the S25 series will start and then 2 weeks later the S24 series will start - and as soon as they finish with the S23 series then they start with the A series ..... is this the first time you are getting a samsung update?

also if ZA is now getting it then that means that India and ZA have remained high priority recipients together with the US and parts of Europe as we used to be (probably because of highish levels of Samsung phone sales in ZA)
 
Last edited:
guy - all the phones don't get it at the same time - they start with the newest first - so yes they start with the S26 series then 2 weeks later the S25 series will start and then 2 weeks later the S24 series will start - and as soon as they finish with the S23 series then they start with the A series ..... is this the first time you are getting a samsung update?

also if ZA is now getting it then that means that India and ZA have remained high priority recipients together with the US and parts of Europe as we used to be (probably because of highish levels of Samsung phone sales in ZA)
"is this the first time you are getting a Samsung update?"

Now that was unnecessary.

I'm not a child.
 
"is this the first time you are getting a Samsung update?"

Now that was unnecessary.

I'm not a child.

i did not mean it like that - i was asking if you were used to how other brands do their update rollouts - you could have been using Oppo or honor or even iphone before, and all the brands have different ways of doing things - no insult was intended but i wanted clarification on why you misunderstood the Samsung way of doing things - i apologize if my query came across as insulting - it wasn't a deliberate intention
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X