Say goodbye to the “green mamba” South African passport as you know it

5th of November...


images
 
“Once we have fully automated the process to eliminate any scope of human manipulation or fraud, we will take the proposal to Cabinet for a new e-passport,” Schreiber said.

Firstly that will NEVER happen.

But most importantly: South Africa can create an e-passport to their heart's content.

Until you get to insert country's name here and customs tells you to fuk off back to SA.
 
Last edited:
It’s about time I mean almost all our African neighbors have them and we don’t. Now we just need a ton of e-gates at the airports too to take the load off the manual process.
 
My UK passport has had a biometric chip in it since 2017

One scan at any airport and I go straight through. Even in the USA there was no problem. The border control asked me how long I would be in the US, nothing else
 
My UK passport has had a biometric chip in it since 2017

One scan at any airport and I go straight through. Even in the USA there was no problem. The border control asked me how long I would be in the US, nothing else
Have you experienced EES yet? First you scan your passport on an EES machine, then you scan it at an Egate, and then you still have it checked by an official.

If you're lucky the EES machines are off and you can skip that step.
 
My UK passport has had a biometric chip in it since 2017

One scan at any airport and I go straight through. Even in the USA there was no problem. The border control asked me how long I would be in the US, nothing else
Likewise, fortunately renewed mine in 2022...although with ETIAS on the horizon, us dual nationals might not have such a breeze.

I see it's been delayed...gr8!

 
Next week: Passport, ID, credit card, keys, drivers license and dog license all to be combined into one supa dupa chip 😇

images


🤮
 
My UK passport has had a biometric chip in it since 2017
Same - guess that it's time to start the renewal process. I tried from the UK and it didn't work out well.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X