What book are you reading at the moment ?

Last night we went to a book launch for books 3 and 4 of the Winter Mage series, written by Nerine Dorman and Frank McLachlan. Really fascinating heading about their writing process; Frank creates the concepts, framework, and world, and Nerine does the writing. Lots of editing, of course.

https://www.miraripress.com/books/winter-mage

1791441811219.png
 
Almost done with the Assassin's Apprentice. It's been a bit of a slog, and a rather depressing read. Not sure if I'm going to continue with the rest of the series once I'm done.
 
Almost done with the Assassin's Apprentice. It's been a bit of a slog, and a rather depressing read. Not sure if I'm going to continue with the rest of the series once I'm done.

I started the Audiobook about 2 weeks ago but gave up due to the first person narrative. I just don't enjoy it in an audiobook.

Moved on to Lies of Locke Lammora which I'm enjoying so far. (Fanie Dry (RIP) sent it to me years ago)
 
I'm trying Wheel of Time for the first time. Done the first two books, almost half way through the third after which I may stop.

I'm finding it very irritating that the characters are incapable of sharing pertinent information.
 
I started the Audiobook about 2 weeks ago but gave up due to the first person narrative. I just don't enjoy it in an audiobook.
FP is just such an odd way to tell a story, so many books I have abandoned due to the jarring nature of reading (or hearing) the story being told in the first person.
Moved on to Lies of Locke Lammora which I'm enjoying so far. (Fanie Dry (RIP) sent it to me years ago)
RIP !
 
FP is just such an odd way to tell a story, so many books I have abandoned due to the jarring nature of reading (or hearing) the story being told in the first person.

Funny thing is, I always listen to the sample on Audible before buying to make sure it's not FP. This time I listened for a few seconds and it started in 3rd person. Great, I'm grabbing it. Turns out it was the character in FP reading what he'd written in a book he was trying to write and I only realised once I'd used a credit and started listening past the opening :ROFL:


:(
 
Listening to the audiobooks of the Expeditionary Force Series by Craig Alanson.

Need to revisit the Dungeon Crawler Carl audiobooks and catch up on the ones I have missed.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X