2007 Cricket World Cup (West Indies) thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter kingrob
  • Start date Start date
Well played Ireland.

Aus vs The Netherlands today, should be interesting :D
 
/me will be glued to tv for that whole match..

I expect Aus to win.. obviously.. but i want to see the margins etc... give a vague idea how we'll do against them.
 
Both the Pakistan and India games yesterday were fixed. It's no accident that the World Cup always throws up these ridiculous upsets in the group stages :(
 
Dunno hey, fixed or not I think that it goes a long way towards raising awareness of the game in the minnow countires. During the early world cups Sri Lanka was a minnow much like Bangladesh or Ireland and now they're a cricket mad country. Even Bangladesh is much improved since we first saw them - they have victories against Aus, Pakistan, India and a few others. That would have been unheard of when they first hit the scene.
 
I disagree, those matches were so not fixed...

Both india and paki walked in being over confident and were beaten by sides that effectively had nothing to lose.... its happened to SA before.
 
The mob was heard chanting, "Death to Bob Woolmer , death to Inzamam, death to Nasim Ashraf - police should arrest them".
:confused:

So they want to kill them first, and then arrest them? Jeez I didn't think they'd take it literally when people said that heads will roll.
 
I think they just had a blinder of a game, india .. well we all know what happen here earlier this yr when their top order collapsed. The pakistani's tho are inconsistant and yesterday was yet another bad day combined with players injured/banned they sucked.
 
I wonder what the odd are for a NL win over Aussie?

Hmm, where can I put 50 bucks on them? Hehehe
 
What happened to OZ hitting these Netherlands boys all over the park like they were tuning prematch??
 
What happened to OZ hitting these Netherlands boys all over the park like they were tuning prematch??
Apparently clear sunny conditions and a good batting pitch isn't as good as overcast conditions with a moist pitch, and therefore we shouldn't compare the two matches :rolleyes:

We probably made more in 40 overs than they gonna make in 50.
 
damn sheep shagging wallaby fetish pansies :) Next week Im gonna be rootin for our boys to punish Aus, Ive had enough of them now.
 
off fifty overs?.. shocking...
we did nearly that off 35 overs...

We rule, Aussies Drool (yes i know it sounds childish but so wat :D )
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X