2018 and 2022 world cup bids - 2 December

We will get to find out who voted for who, apparently

3.27pm:
Our man in Zurich (well, one of our men), Owen Gibson tweets: "Fifa will publish all results in full. U-turn. Meltdown."
Twitter rumours

3.21pm:
@henrywinter: All the fish are sold....England look to have lost. Unconfirmed

@OliverKayTimes: And the suggestion is that England went out at the first hurdle. Unconfirmed

@alextomo: English look glum
Bad news for England?

3.19pm:
Times's @owenslot tweets: "England went out in 1st round. News from inside"

That would be humiliating.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/dec/01/world-cup-2018-2022-zurich
 
3.37pm:
RUSSIA WILL HOST THE 2018 WORLD CUP FINALS
 
The upside is that there probably won't be any vuvuzela's in Russia.

If people plan to fill them with vodka, they wll allow them into the stadium. No worries. Then you'll have 50k drunk people smacking anyone stupid enough to blow one. A drinking utensil and a weapon. Yes, the vuvu is a great invention.
 
Does this mean that one game of the 2018 WC will be held at Stamford Bridge? #Abramovich

:D

PS: Yeah... Qatar getting it is really a :wtf: moment. I guess all the stadiums will have to be within 60kms of each other.
 
So the twats in England are saying Arshavin shouldnt be allowed back in the country for his role in securing the bid for Russia
 
:D

PS: Yeah... Qatar getting it is really a :wtf: moment. I guess all the stadiums will have to be within 60kms of each other.

That and the heat
rioferdy5 Qatar will be around 105degrees 85 in the shade....all the best to the players who qualify running around for 90mins in that! #waterbreaks?!
http://twitpic.com/3c84ul

Ah Big Sam
TheBig_Sam Qatar? Holding a World ****ing Cup? They probably play the beautiful game on ****ing elephants. What an outrage.
hahaha.. they probably said the same thing about us
 
Last edited:
Qatar have the money to support their bid but an interesting decision by Fifa to take it the a country with a population of 1.4 million people.

Russia winning the bid was surprising considering how strong the England bid looked on paper and the people behind it.
 
So the twats in England are saying Arshavin shouldnt be allowed back in the country for his role in securing the bid for Russia

Hey man, it's December. Just think of it as an extended injury layoff.
 
I'll definitely be at the Qatar cup. Awesome stuff.. although Russia :wtf:. I think the country is just too big for a WC. Remeber people complaing about SA being 'too big'?. Was hoping Spain/Portugal or Netherlands/Belgium would get it
 
I'll definitely be at the Qatar cup. Awesome stuff.. although Russia :wtf:. I think the country is just too big for a WC. Remeber people complaing about SA being 'too big'?. Was hoping Spain/Portugal or Netherlands/Belgium would get it

The part of Russia where the WC will be held is quite small. I know it's summer, but I doubt they will be doing anything in the Siberia region. ;)
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X