kianm

Honorary Master
Wonder if it's shaped :D . Can one torrent on the Rage LAN? :D How does the bandwidth management work do they throttle per IP?

Mk786

Expert Member
The fibre-based Gigabit service provided by IS over the three days of the event delivered a real life average of 890Mbps ,with peak speeds reaching 975Mbps.
Yikes that's fast!

Senshi

Wonder if it's shaped :D . Can one torrent on the Rage LAN? :D How does the bandwidth management work do they throttle per IP?
Why don't you do your downloading at home instead or copy from a friend instead of clogging up the pipe with downloads?

kianm

Honorary Master
Why don't you do your downloading at home instead or copy from a friend instead of clogging up the pipe with downloads?

I do not intend to do that i do not even go into the LAN area. Just interested, knowing what people are capable of.

Again i ask does IS allow any IP to utilise as many Mbps as possible or they throttle the speed per IP or something alike to allow fair usage

xera

Expert Member
It is fast. Really fast. What they don't mention though, is a single user can't experience the full potential of 2Gbps, each user can only have 100Mbps max. But even still, with all the sharing of the line, it is amazing.

Here is a speedtest to show what I mean:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3823016124.png

I was getting 2ms ping in Battlefield.
Some users reported that the ping was so low, it was outside the acceptable range of the server, and thus they were getting kicked from the game.