• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

3.5" Floppy Diskettes and USB Floppy Drive

fwwwn

Hey, I'm looking for a box of 3.5" floppy diskettes (or stiffies, as they are known in SA) as well as a USB drive that will read them on Windows 10. Please let me know if you have anything!

It's for use with a Sony Mavica camera, for those wondering why I need such an outdated storage format.

Item wanted: 3.5" floppy disks and USB floppy drive.
Is packaging essential?: Preferable.
Desired age and condition: New old stock would be ideal, but open to anything.
Willing to accept a shipped item: Yes.

Last edited:

Dairyfarmer

Expert Member
Available on TAL. Drive only. Saw some media in a SPAR in KZN a short while back. I'll keep my eyes open.

OCP

Expert Member
Have both 3.5" stiffy drive (external USB) and a few boxes of disks in a box somewhere if you don't come right.

fwwwn

Sigh, couple of people responded here with promising offers, but the posts and PMs appear to have been lost due to the forum migration. If you posted here before but your post is gone now, please give me a shout again!

fwwwn

Bump. I have some USB drives on their way to me thanks to @Park@82, but I'm still looking for more floppy disks.

If you have any 3.5" disks, old or new, please let me know!

fwwwn

Managed to source drives and disks! Huge thanks to @Park@82 and Migs-se over at SAGamer. Here's a photo of the disks that were donated to me: