3G USB dongle on MacBook Air

BottomCrane

Active Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2008
Messages
33
Reaction score
0
Location
Bloemfontein
Hi there!

I'm having a problem connecting to MTN with 3G dongles on my MacBook Air 2014, El Capitan, 10.11.3.

I have an unlocked ZTE K4201-Z, an old E220 and Huawei E5331. Same problem with each of them: Software installs OK, but when trying to connect it says "problem connecting, please contact service provider".

(They work perfectly on Windows, thus no network or dongle problems)

Does anyone know of a 3G dongle that actually works with MTN on a MacBook Air and El Capitan?

Thanks in advance!
 
Any Huawei branded dongle. Once acquired you can download a compatible version of Mobile Partner.
 
Screen Shot.png

In Sys Prefs > Network there are now so many connections, I don't know which ones I use and which ones I can delete?! >> Mac newby :-( <<

Any advice please?

Thanks!
 
Hi cdp

Which modem did you get working with Mobile Partner?
I have a Vodafone K4605 reflashed to a Huawei E372 and I cannot get it to work.
The Mobile Partner installs fine but doesn't detect the modem.
I have a K4606 which I could also not get to work with the Vodafone dashboard.
Which link did you use to download your Mobile Partner that is working?
Any assistance will be appreciated.

Update: I managed to get the K4606 working with the latest Vodafone dashboard. The E372 (K4605) still doesn't work even though I have dowloaded and installed the latest Mobile Partner.
 
Last edited:
Hi cdp

Which modem did you get working with Mobile Partner?
I have a Vodafone K4605 reflashed to a Huawei E372 and I cannot get it to work.
The Mobile Partner installs fine but doesn't detect the modem.
I have a K4606 which I could also not get to work with the Vodafone dashboard.
Which link did you use to download your Mobile Partner that is working?
Any assistance will be appreciated.

Update: I managed to get the K4606 working with the latest Vodafone dashboard. The E372 (K4605) still doesn't work even though I have dowloaded and installed the latest Mobile Partner.


Hi there,

Sorry for the late reply.

To be honest, I have tried so many different websites and software versions, I can't remember which one it was that eventually worked. Well, actually the only dongle I managed to get working was a Huawei E3131.

Have you tried this version of Mobile Partner for the E372? http://consumer.huawei.com/en/support/mobile-broadband/index.htm?pcode=E372u-8


UPDATE: You could also try this site: http://www.modemunlock.com
 
Last edited:
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X