4-6 weeks for line activation – really?

Murdoc

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2007
Messages
878
Reaction score
4
So im on week four since my line was installed, waiting for it to be activated. On top of that was 2 weeks for the line to be installed. So basically 6 weeks and counting and I still don’t have adsl.

Im doing this through WA dsl complete, and I cant really fault them as they have been prompt with everything , but maybe more specific updates would be nice. Seeing as I don’t know any progress about the line.

Originally I thought the 4-6week activation period was an overstated chunk of fat ,said for worse cause scenarios.
But does activation normally take this long?
Maybe I should be following up with Telkom with the progress rather?
 
Maybe I should be following up with Telkom with the progress rather?

They will refer you back to the owner of the service, WA. Your only recourse to to hound WA and hope that they reciprocate by hounding Telkom.
 
gosh, i gotta go through this friggin process too now.... I do believe there is a line in the house already... just not activated for ADSL on telkom's side.. what time frame would i be looking at?
 
gosh, i gotta go through this friggin process too now.... I do believe there is a line in the house already... just not activated for ADSL on telkom's side.. what time frame would i be looking at?

If you're lucky 2 days, else 21 days.
 
If you're lucky 2 days, else 21 days.

geezz, thats quite the difference... dunno if i'd be able to survive without adsl for 21 days :( lol kidding
What does it depend on? Can i pay someone to speed it up
 
geezz, thats quite the difference... dunno if i'd be able to survive without adsl for 21 days :( lol kidding
What does it depend on? Can i pay someone to speed it up

No, bribery does not help. If ports are available on the DSLAM and your physical line from the exchange to your premises are in good condition, then your order should flow nicely through the system.

Are you also following the WA all-in-one route?
 
Thats normal...4-6weeks. Mine took 4 or 5weeks, and I had a voice line, and there were ports available.
 
No, bribery does not help. If ports are available on the DSLAM and your physical line from the exchange to your premises are in good condition, then your order should flow nicely through the system.

Are you also following the WA all-in-one route?

I want the uncapped mweb option? unless theres something more reliable and cheaper?
 
im on 28 days and there was space on the exchange
 
I've been waiting about 2 months now for ports to become available - somehow I think this will never happen in my lifetime.

Just logged on to my Telkom online portal and my adsl order has disappeared it seems. Will give the clowns a call in the morning.
 
ok so, i managed to get some info from telkom. My line is active but for some reason , webafrica only became aware of this once i called them and told them this.
Honestly i was expecting sooo much more from webafrica. Anyway.
 
ok so, i managed to get some info from telkom. My line is active but for some reason , webafrica only became aware of this once i called them and told them this.
Honestly i was expecting sooo much more from webafrica. Anyway.

Any suggstions as to what ISP is best for uncapped 512 (shaped)... Price and quality wise
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X