5G Premium Cancel :-)

MikeTosen

Finally the day arrived :D
Well Just want to give a BIG thank you to Sebu from RAIN - who honestly told me to move service provider - and am I glad I did.

@rain_mobile : can you please make sure that this cancellation is actioned, and I DO NOT get billed again.

rain cancel 2.PNG rain cancel 3.PNG

So as a test, and after my network was blamed for my speed issues, I did a last speed test on RAIN and then switched to fiber by unplugging the network cable from the RAIN power point and directly into the ONT.
This will then test my entire network issue BS that Sebu was harping on about as it is the same network cable, plug into the same router, same switch same everything.

So we will let the images speak for them self.

last speed test RAIN - Sun 18 July 2021 - 10am.PNG

first speed test FIBER - Sun 18 July 2021 - 1030am.PNG

P.S. I am not comparing RAIN to FIBER - just pointing out that with this test it proves that there is absulutely NOTHING with my network that is causing the slow ping and bad speed that Sebu reported back up the food chain.

Last edited:

rain_mobile

Rain Representative
Company Rep
Well Just want to give a BIG thank you to Sebu from RAIN - who honestly told me to move service provider - and am I glad I did.

@rain_mobile : can you please make sure that this cancellation is actioned, and I DO NOT get billed again.

View attachment 1109872 View attachment 1109870

So for comparison, and after my network was blamed for my speed issues, I did a last speed test on RAIN and then switched to fiber by unplugging the network cable from the RAIN power point and directly into the ONT.
This will then test my entire network issue BS that Sebu was harping on about as it is the same network cable, plug into the same router, same switch same everything.

View attachment 1109868

View attachment 1109866

P.S. I am cot comparing RAIN to FIBER - just pointing out that with this test it proves that there is absulutely NOTHING with my network that is causing the slow ping and bad speed that Sebu reported back up the food chain.
@MikeTosen I have sent you a PM.

NeonNinja

Neon Resident

View attachment 1109872 View attachment 1109870

So for comparison, and after my network was blamed for my speed issues, I did a last speed test on RAIN and then switched to fiber by unplugging the network cable from the RAIN power point and directly into the ONT.

View attachment 1109868

View attachment 1109866

P.S. I am cot comparing RAIN to FIBER - just pointing out that with this test it proves that there is absulutely NOTHING with my network that is causing the slow ping and bad speed that Sebu reported back up the food chain.
Damn.

PAYBACK

Expert Member
Fiber seems to be up in my area as well. Will also probably move over. Was fun for about 3 months (Nov 20'- Jan 21') but just pissing money away now with no end in sight. Was a big advocate for RAIN 5G but would caution people into joining them now.

Dretastic06

Fiber seems to be up in my area as well. Will also probably move over. Was fun for about 3 months (Nov 20'- Jan 21') but just pissing money away now with no end in sight. Was a big advocate for RAIN 5G but would caution people into joining them now.
yes my speeds are slowly getting less each day as well.

IamMe

Dang! Should've come here earlier before I went ahead and got the 5G premium package. I must say though, everything has been working fine since I got it - Its been been a week now. I've only had two issues where the router loss signal, but other than than all good. This is also temporary solution until Fibre is fully rolled out in my area. I must say though, the nearest tower is about 500 meters from my house.

MikeTosen

:rolleyes:I feel like i should start a support group or something... for RAIN survivors.

Hi I'm mike, im a RAIN survivor.
Its been 4 days since i was on the roof.
I have not rebooted or adjusted anything in 4 days.

Now I do not know what to do with all the extra time :rolleyes:
My wife thinks something is wrong, as i am so quiet, no rage fits or swearing.
Can't even fight with support, as only logged 1 request and that was resolved within 30min :unsure:

Just needed to post something ;)

Last edited:

Kiemo

Expert Member
:rolleyes:I feel like i should start a support group or something... for RAIN survivors.

Hi I'm mike, im a RAIN survivor.
Its been 4 days since i was on the roof.
I have not rebooted or adjusted anything in 4 days.

Now I do not know what to do with all the extra time :rolleyes:
My wife thinks something is wrong, as i am so quiet, no rage fits or swearing.
Can't even fight with support, as only logged 1 request and that was resolved within 30min :unsure:

Just needed to post something ;)
4 days and you gave up ? Naa come on fam … it’s Interesting to see how you can better your speeds to make things work well for you and your house hold … so you can help others on this forum as well …

MikeTosen

4 days and you gave up ? Naa come on fam … it’s Interesting to see how you can better your speeds to make things work well for you and your house hold … so you can help others on this forum as well …

Hehehe no need to improve, since i switched, steady just over 200 up and down, ping 2-3 ms, morning, midday, evening and night.
Everything just works, alarm system good, streaming great, zero buffering, work vpn i get full speed, perfect zoom and team meetings, even the xbox is happy, wifes work vpn full speed.

Just sitting back and enjoying it all, just cross with myself that i did not switch sooner.

Kiemo

Expert Member
Hehehe no need to improve, since i switched, steady just over 200 up and down, ping 2-3 ms, morning, midday, evening and night.
Everything just works, alarm system good, streaming great, zero buffering, work vpn i get full speed, perfect zoom and team meetings, even the xbox is happy, wifes work vpn full speed.

Just sitting back and enjoying it all, just cross with myself that i did not switch sooner.
Makes sense what works for others might not work for you as the saying goes ..