A terrible stench...

...looms over IRB and specifically refs boss Paddy O'brainless.

Ref for Saturday, George Clancy, faces a warning after the TMO fwd pass try decision.

The two assistants who missed a textbook tip tackle and MORE THAN ONE fwd pass face nothing.

Time and again, PoB has defended pss-poor decisions by officials when they favour opposition to SA sides. Time and again. The sharks seem to be the worst victims, although I won't let their supporters have that one :)

When they F up stuff related to us, no problem UNLESS we benefit. This trend has existed for a long time and it is becoming more and more noticeable by the match. PoB is a useless scourge to match control and should be taken outside for a BAKKIESBOTHA moment.

If this forum allowed vulgarity, trust me when I say my real emotions would have made your eyes bleed!

Jola

Honorary Master
Yes, the forward pass decisions were poor, as was the missed tip tackle.

...looms over IRB and specifically refs boss Paddy O'brainless.

Ref for Saturday, George Clancy, faces a warning after the TMO fwd pass try decision.

The two assistants who missed a textbook tip tackle and MORE THAN ONE fwd pass face nothing.

Time and again, PoB has defended pss-poor decisions by officials when they favour opposition to SA sides. Time and again. The sharks seem to be the worst victims, although I won't let their supporters have that one :)

When they F up stuff related to us, no problem UNLESS we benefit. This trend has existed for a long time and it is becoming more and more noticeable by the match. PoB is a useless scourge to match control and should be taken outside for a BAKKIESBOTHA moment.

If this forum allowed vulgarity, trust me when I say my real emotions would have made your eyes bleed!
Source?

This is just stupid. He asked the ref is he needs anything before the try line and the ref then said yes. What warning?

paddy_za

Paddy's quote: "They made a call they were not entitled to make. If that means referees miss a knock-on or something else in the lead-up to a try, then that's the way it is."

Some of the most backward **** I have read in a long time... His hate for the bokke is so transparent.

hungrybeaver

Expert Member
This screams NZ rugby though. How many times are there infringements where they don't get caught, slowing the ball down, etc. It's like they're all for this type of play so long as they don't get caught.

Paddy's quote: "They made a call they were not entitled to make. If that means referees miss a knock-on or something else in the lead-up to a try, then that's the way it is."
Isn't this the job of the TMO? To help the ref when the (mostly useless) touch judges can't? I really really hope that NZ get knocked out of the WC by something like this. What will Paddy say then?!

Last edited:

Albereth

Honorary Master
If refs or linesmen were as fast as rugby players I guess they'd still be playing (assuming some did).

In order to see a forward pass you pretty much have to have kept up with play. I think that Clancy had some doubt about the pass as was sort of inclined to go with the benefit for the attacking team. He tested his doubt.

Law 6 says: an official to assist the referee in making decisions by using technological devices,

There is no limit to what this assistance may be and Clancy asked for assistance about a try being scored. The fact that there was an infringement before the ball was grounded means that a try could not be awarded. Meuwissen did not say that a try had been scored. He said that the ball had been grounded. He then offered his assistance in what had happened prior to the ball being grounded.

There is no law defining where technology may be used, or not used - and frankly if can be used anywhere particularly when dealing with foul play even though most of that happens post the match.