I'm 1.3 kms from the exchange and my max line speed I am able to achieve is 12Mbps. So i have a 10Mbps line syncing at 10. Makes me wonder if I have to live inside the exchange to get 20 or 40Mbps.
My Internet for the most part is fine. However hulu freezes to buff ever 15 seconds when playing HD. It has times of good and bad. The bad being freezing in SD. I have no response from host at the exchange aswell as ping spiking to 300 on the second hop. Around 5 percent packet loss at times. I have tried an afrihost acc, telkom acc and now I am with crystal web. I logged 5 faults at the end of last year and nothing came about it a useless telkom technician came out to my house did some testing. And left. 3 times. I went away for 2 months and have now logged my 6th fault. I'm waiting for my adsl line to get migrated to my isp so they can deal with the incompetent telkom.
im in the bergvliet area and my 10mb which ive had for just over a yr has dropped to just above 8mb, i thought i was the only one, glad its not just me.
ive contacted telkom but dont expect them getting back to me any time soon, knowing them