ADT Samsung Smartthings Kit

adielk

Expert Member
Does anyone have the ADT smarthome solution?

Below is ADT's secure connect option which is based on a DSC Neo panel:

Below on Amazon USA (none that I could find on UK) is an ADT Samsung Smartthings kit:

Samsung SmartThings ADT Wireless Home Security Starter Kit with DIY Smart Alarm System Hub, Door and Window Sensors, and Motion Detector - Alexa Compatible (Zigbee, Z-Wave, IP Network Protocols) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077JRBSSZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_9Ca.DbCKCY8CS

and same item locally:

I was wondering if ADT secureconnect based on the ADT Samsung Smartthings kit or is the DSC Neo panel something else?

So my questions are:

1. Does anyone have the ADT secureconnect smart home automation product?
2. If yes, would you recommend it?
3. If yes, why?
4. Is the ADT secureconnect product the same as the USA ADT Samsung Smartthings kit?
5. If not, what kit does the ADT secureconnect system use?

Thanks

adielk

Expert Member

Above is the DSC Neo panel ... so assume the ADT Samsung Smartthings kit runs a an emulator of the alarm panel on a tablet.

adielk

Expert Member
But also see US has an ADT Pulse system. No mention of Samsung

kmberi

I am a huge home automation nut. My home is all Hue lights, Lutron Catea switches and Sonoff junk, Alexa and Siri and Google control a whole lot but for me the alarm is a matter of life and death so I won't consider anything wireless. My existing wired DSC alarm does a hell of a job and what I was looking to do is to just bring it into my home automation ecosystem. So let it keep doing the great job its been doing but allow me to "see" it in HomeKit, Google home, Smartthings, Hubitat, openHab, Home Assistant etc. Konnected.io seems to check all the boxes. Just my 2 cents

adielk

Expert Member
I am a huge home automation nut. My home is all Hue lights, Lutron Catea switches and Sonoff junk, Alexa and Siri and Google control a whole lot but for me the alarm is a matter of life and death so I won't consider anything wireless. My existing wired DSC alarm does a hell of a job and what I was looking to do is to just bring it into my home automation ecosystem. So let it keep doing the great job its been doing but allow me to "see" it in HomeKit, Google home, Smartthings, Hubitat, openHab, Home Assistant etc. Konnected.io seems to check all the boxes. Just my 2 cents
Thanks

My ADT is "wired" ito panel to the box and PIR monitoring box.

But all my other beams and PIRs are wireless. Damn glad ito loadshedding as only panel and box and one PIR dependent on backup battery.

I access the system via an ADT app.

So for me the ADT pulse or smarthings panel would only add automation to it.

I am not fixated on joining alarm system to automation but if I am going to invest in a hub, might just as well go ADT Samsung smartthings hub if possible.

Have bought a wyze camera plus outdoor cover to test it out.

If samsung ADT hub not feasible, I'll invest in a google hub and add my Sonoff products:

1. Couple of basic switches,
Sonoff 1 Channel Inching/self-locking WiFi Wireless Switch - 5V x 2

2. wifi outdoor plugs
Sonoff S55 x 2

3. and one indoor wifi smart plug.
Sonoff s26 BR x 1

Also want to buy:

4. a water valve.

Check this out on takealot: WiFi electronic control water valve /Gas Valve Ewelink

5. And garage door opener

Check this out on takealot: Ewelink Control Multifrequency Garage Door Opener

BetaProject

Check out the AD2USB device. Apparently it can connect Home Assistant to your ADT panel, as long as your HA instance can access the USB device.

adielk

Expert Member
Check out the AD2USB device. Apparently it can connect Home Assistant to your ADT panel, as long as your HA instance can access the USB device.

"The alarmdecoder integration will allow Home Assistant users who own either a DSC or Honeywell alarm panel to leverage their alarm system and its sensors to provide Home Assistant with rich information about their homes.

The AlarmDecoder devices provide a serial, TCP/IP socket or USB interface to the alarm panel, where it emulates an alarm keypad."

The ADT panel I have is based on DSC.

Edit - ADT says apparently not DSC but HYYP

Also SA ADT equipment not compatible with US ADT equipment

Last edited: