Advice needed, property sale.


Active Member
Jul 10, 2017
Hi all,

I need some advice around possible recourse regarding sale of my property.
Long story short, my house was sold a while ago but transfer can't proceed due to a linked transfer of the buyer's property that was sold without building plans that are in order. Both transactions were brokered by the same estate agent.
What legal recourse do I have here as it is negatively impacting me, waiting for my funds and still having to pay bond, insurances etc.? Aren't agents duty bound to ensure all parts of the transaction are in order to proceed without these hassles?
Your input will be appreciated.


Active Member
Jul 5, 2018
I believe a pro active estate agent will normally check that there is a proper building plan in place right at the start of a sale (especially in the case of a free standing house), but I don't think this is their responsibility, this is ultimately the seller's responsibility. Maybe you can post a question or have a look on the EAAB website, hopefully your agent is registered with the EAAB.