Advice on Servicing and Suspension

roLLz

Here are the stats
-2005 Opel Corsa 'C' 1.6 Sport
-135 000km on the clock (its high, i know)
-due for sevice, knocking noise on front wheels on a bumpy road surface and engine pink

Here are the questions
-Im thinking of using Bosch Service center as they are cheaper than the agents and seem to be professional. Anyone had any experience with them?
-What could cause the engine pinking sound?
-How worried do i have to be about the noise coming from the front suspension? The car handles well enough though so i dont think its shocks. Bearings or tie rod ends maybe?

Feedback would be very appreciated guys.

Thanks in advance

BobsLawnService

Expert Member
Stay away from Bosch. They are not much cheaper than the dealetships and I have only ever had poor service from them with anything but routine services.

roLLz

Stay away from Bosch. They are not much cheaper than the dealetships and I have only ever had poor service from them with anything but routine services.
Could you elaborate on this please? Were there problems witht the car or parts used? or just simply didnt treat you as a customer the way we expect to be treated?

A3@MBB

-due for sevice, .... and engine pink
Are you meaning the engine pings?
When last was the spark plugs replaced, solution can be as simple as replacing a malfunctioning spark plug which will cost you +-R40 each.

135k km's for a 2005 is not high, it's considered average.

roLLz

Hectic stuff there Bob. Glad you got the issue sorted in the end though.

roLLz

Are you meaning the engine pings?
When last was the spark plugs replaced, solution can be as simple as replacing a malfunctioning spark plug which will cost you +-R40 each.

135k km's for a 2005 is not high, it's considered average.
Thats it. Plugs were changed at the last service 15000km ago. I wanted to change it this time anyway.
I also consider it average but im so sick of people telling me to get rid of it before it breaks. I love my car and it runs fine aside from the few problems i mentioned here.