Affordable Cars

Chun_li

I stumbled upon a brand called Neuwai which is a South Korean brand that makes affordable electric vehicles. They are planning on entering the South African market next year
img1 (5).jpgimg2 (1).jpg

This car below features a modular design so you can just take the back off and put the part you need, so if you want a bakkie you just put that part onimg1 (2).jpgimg1 (3).jpg

Chun_li

img1.jpgimg2.jpgimg1 (1).jpg

I must say it looks a tad odd but I do see the market for these small EVs. Most people just travel to work, home and the shops so what's wrong with one of these as a daily? If it's affordable enough I'm sure people would buy them

Chun_li

Hopefully this car will force the development of charging infrastructure

thechamp

Honorary Master

FiestaST

Honorary Master

thechamp

Honorary Master
Thanks. Article is from April & "could be" sounds sceptical/incredibly vague to me but let's wait & see.
Also not too excited about weird looking electric cars, we already have the i3.

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
Lets be real here.. South africans pretty much love weird ****.. might sell well here

asshat99

Expert Member
did somebody say VW :sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:
In silver.

SA is awash in interesting sports cars, electric cars, experimental, home built and obscure brands in interesting colours. SA buyers are willing to pay a premium to be early adopters of new safety and luxury tech. We don't have people confusing hatches with sports cars and getting all aspirational about maybe revving a golf one day. The last time the Chinese tried their luck (when you were all feeling rich in 2008), they had queues of people waiting to try their offerings. After all, South Africans have loads of money to spend and are not the type to repurpose cheap low tech commercial vehicles for their family commutes. Lol.

Chun_li

2017-03-07_Geneva_Motor_Show_1068.JPG

Tata to launch the Tigor EV (standard Tigor above), a electric derivative of their small Tigor sedan and Altroz hatch back (below) which will be available in
EV guise 2021. Tatas cars are A LOT better compared to their Indica and Bolt but they really messed up in SA with marketing and lack of vehicles (currently the Bolt is only sold however it has been discontinued internationally)

images (1).jpeg