Afrihost DNS issues

SoundRSA

Dealer
Hey all

Is anyone else experiencing issues with Afrihost Pure DSL?

I see many reports online about a DNS issue. Fors the last 3 - 4 days my connection is constantly failing, when I browse I get a DNS address error.

Tested multiple devices, reset the router, phone tech support and they reset the port, still the problem persists.

Any recommendations?

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Have you tried to use an alternative DNS server?

Use DNSJumper to find the best one.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Hey all

Is anyone else experiencing issues with Afrihost Pure DSL?

I see many reports online about a DNS issue. Fors the last 3 - 4 days my connection is constantly failing, when I browse I get a DNS address error.

Tested multiple devices, reset the router, phone tech support and they reset the port, still the problem persists.

Any recommendations?

Hi,

We are investigating. Apologies for the issues experienced.

mathebus

Hi,

We are investigating. Apologies for the issues experienced.
Hi, yes, I thought I was the only one. I somehow managed to figure it out after a restart of the router and switched to 1.1.1.1. I'll stay with 1.1.1.1 for the time being. It was not as bad for me though, just had trouble finding the DNS address whatever you call it.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Hi, yes, I thought I was the only one. I somehow managed to figure it out after a restart of the router and switched to 1.1.1.1. I'll stay with 1.1.1.1 for the time being. It was not as bad for me though, just had trouble finding the DNS address whatever you call it.

Morning,

We have deployed fixes to the DNS servers in CPT and have changed the way they work. They should be much more reliable now.

Ic3king

Im still experiencing very slow download speeds of 1.3mbps with afrihost 20meg vdsl line. Based in durban.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Im still experiencing very slow download speeds of 1.3mbps with afrihost 20meg vdsl line. Based in durban.

I can assist with that.

Please send me your clientzone email address via pm so I can have a look at the line stats and see if I can assist and then log a fault.