Afrihost failed yet again not upgraded

DARK_SETH

@AfriNatic can you guys please fix this **** my new 100/100 speed.

No one responds on watsapp. Like always
b64de5ac9406d13a91b67ff3b2d69a74.jpg

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Thanks for sending me a pm.

I believe the issue is now resolved.

Apologies for the delay on Whatsapp. We are currently experiencing a very big influx of whatsapp support requests.

iandoug

Nope, I think I was bumped from 100/10 to 100/100, not the 200/200 as promised in the email ...

Cheers, Ian

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Nope, I think I was bumped from 100/10 to 100/100, not the 200/200 as promised in the email ...

Cheers, Ian

Hi Ian,

Just send me a pm with your email address again so I can have a look for you.

potsreebie

@AfriNatic Any chance someone could check why my speed upgrade to 100Mbps has not happened?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

iandoug

@AfriNatic

Line went down, after around 15 minutes, no notices on AH network status page, decided to reboot router, which restored connection... but it gave me a new IP address again. My IP address had been stable since installation, until 1 July...

More worringly, now appear to have been kicked down from 200/200 to 50/50 ...

Download Mbps 47.87
Upload Mbps 49.76

Test to Frogfoot Cape Town from Durbanville.

Please advise.

Thanks.

DARK_SETH

My speeds was slow again. @AfriNatic I also sent a PM. It is fine for hours then slow fast slow fast. Then a port reset and the **** repeats itself

eddief1

Expert Member
My speeds was slow again. @AfriNatic I also sent a PM. It is fine for hours then slow fast slow fast. Then a port reset and the **** repeats itself
You are testing directly cabled into the router right?

Your post above off the phone, that looks like a typical wireless issue

eddief1

Expert Member
Yeah. All new tests was with cable
Very odd.

When you testing via cable are all other devices disconnected, wireless and wired? ... almost sounds like something is saturating your line and this takes a bit of time to ramp after a reset

Maybe provide some traceroutes when the line is playing up, will help to see where the issue is originating from

iandoug

What is going on? My cell phone would not connect to my wifi without "activation" AGAIN.

Is this to do with IPv6 ?

What I don't like about IP 6 is the enhanced surveillance capabilities it provides ...

So when family come here with different devices, are they also going to have to "authenticate?

I don't like this... too much spying.

Cheers, Ian ...

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
What is going on? My cell phone would not connect to my wifi without "activation" AGAIN.

Is this to do with IPv6 ?

What I don't like about IP 6 is the enhanced surveillance capabilities it provides ...

So when family come here with different devices, are they also going to have to "authenticate?

I don't like this... too much spying.

Cheers, Ian ...

looks like the Dev team correct your package and that generated a new order.

Sorry for that so your IP changed again and that is why you had to activate again.

skylink

Well I'm not having any joy with Afrihost since this change, It has gone back to PURE INTERNET HELL

skylink

Ohh okay I understand we have been having issues with the speed upgrades and they are working on it. VUMA did notify us about this issue and will notify our clients when the issue has been resolved so basically the upgrades are not happening as yet as they are fixing something.
We are fixing it hence I am letting you know about it. Definitely not your problem but its only right for us to notify you about it.
I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

ME:Stop charging me for something im not getting