Afrihost not keeping to promises

AshleyN

Hi there, 1st post but been a lurker for a few years now :)

I need you guys help or suggestions here because I seem to have exhausted options trying to solve this internally with Afrihost.
Sorry a bit of a long post in order to understand this and apologies for the rant.

I am firstly sadly still with ADSL awaiting whenever the year we ever get Fibre :confused:, I am on a 10mb bundle with Afrihost for R917 per month.

In Nov we had major speed issues and intermittent internet but most of the day it was out. There was back and forth conversations of them trying to solve it but Afrihost has such a poor customer service with promises to call for feedback that never happen. I became that persistent guy and called every 2 days and had to explain my self from day one of the problem since they don't have specific groups dealing with particular issues which will make it easy to follow-up.

The problem was finally solved Mid-Feb, during my many conversations with so many consultants I made it known that I am receiving a speed of 0.98 instead of 10mb and it will not be fair to charge for a speed I am not getting and instead charge me for a 1/2 mb but I would like some compensation for this. The consultants always agreed that sounds fair and that I will need to wait until my line is solved in order to get a credit and cannot do it before so they know how much credit it needs to be.

When finally solved I did just that and got an escalation number for it, eventually after again promises of feedback that never came I called them again and was told that it was declined because I got some internet and that is their policy. I was also told 2 different stories now, first one being that I should have been moved to a lower speed until they fixed the line in order to be changed that rate and second one being that a consultant should have referred me to an accounts person.

My main issues here is I think no sane person will be fine with paying that amount for nothing and would have went with another option if this was the case. I also cannot be told what the consultants should have told me after this has been resolved and not during. I personally do not work for Afrihost and should not know how they procedures work and in my many occasions of requesting a compensation, all these consultants agree, I don't see how that's fair to me as I get the tough luck vibe from the supervisors who seems to not take it any further.

I am sure if this is a loss cause but would appreciate the feedback from a customer who has been with them for over a decade.

Snyper564

Executive Member
fek cant imagine paying that for ADSL

I left afrihost and went telkom uncapped lte 4 years ago for around 630 a month this is my speed

1615809290416.png

just look there must be decent lte packages, i couldnt even care less about fiber

ADSL is dated in this world its time to move there are cheaper options

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Hi there, 1st post but been a lurker for a few years now :)

I need you guys help or suggestions here because I seem to have exhausted options trying to solve this internally with Afrihost.
Sorry a bit of a long post in order to understand this and apologies for the rant.

I am firstly sadly still with ADSL awaiting whenever the year we ever get Fibre :confused:, I am on a 10mb bundle with Afrihost for R917 per month.

In Nov we had major speed issues and intermittent internet but most of the day it was out. There was back and forth conversations of them trying to solve it but Afrihost has such a poor customer service with promises to call for feedback that never happen. I became that persistent guy and called every 2 days and had to explain my self from day one of the problem since they don't have specific groups dealing with particular issues which will make it easy to follow-up.

The problem was finally solved Mid-Feb, during my many conversations with so many consultants I made it known that I am receiving a speed of 0.98 instead of 10mb and it will not be fair to charge for a speed I am not getting and instead charge me for a 1/2 mb but I would like some compensation for this. The consultants always agreed that sounds fair and that I will need to wait until my line is solved in order to get a credit and cannot do it before so they know how much credit it needs to be.

When finally solved I did just that and got an escalation number for it, eventually after again promises of feedback that never came I called them again and was told that it was declined because I got some internet and that is their policy. I was also told 2 different stories now, first one being that I should have been moved to a lower speed until they fixed the line in order to be changed that rate and second one being that a consultant should have referred me to an accounts person.

My main issues here is I think no sane person will be fine with paying that amount for nothing and would have went with another option if this was the case. I also cannot be told what the consultants should have told me after this has been resolved and not during. I personally do not work for Afrihost and should not know how they procedures work and in my many occasions of requesting a compensation, all these consultants agree, I don't see how that's fair to me as I get the tough luck vibe from the supervisors who seems to not take it any further.

I am sure if this is a loss cause but would appreciate the feedback from a customer who has been with them for over a decade.

Hi,

I'm sorry for the poor experience that you have received with Afrihost. In cases where the line is not completely down Openserve does not give credit to the ISP and I can see why the accounts team might have declined the credit.

Please send me a private message with your email address linked to your account for me to investigate the matter.

AshleyN

fek cant imagine paying that for ADSL

I left afrihost and went telkom uncapped lte 4 years ago for around 630 a month this is my speed

View attachment 1036542

just look there must be decent lte packages, i couldnt even care less about fiber

ADSL is dated in this world its time to move there are cheaper options
Thanks for this, I may just need to look at options.

AshleyN

Hi,

I'm sorry for the poor experience that you have received with Afrihost. In cases where the line is not completely down Openserve does not give credit to the ISP and I can see why the accounts team might have declined the credit.

Please send me a private message with your email address linked to your account for me to investigate the matter.
Thank you for the reply but as mentioned I am not asking for a full refund but at least some compensation on the line speed. I inbox you now

Snyper564

Executive Member
Thanks for this, I may just need to look at options.
start looking now, i waited for afrihost for months to sort out their nonsense they didnt after many promises.

you pay way to much anyway look at 4g/5g options

AshleyN

start looking now, i waited for afrihost for months to sort out their nonsense they didnt after many promises.

you pay way to much anyway look at 4g/5g options
I will do and never keep to promises, end of the day the consultants promised a credit but now come up with excuses.

AfriNatic

Afrihost Rep
Staff member
Thank you for allowing me to assist.

The accounts team has passed the relevant credits to your account. Apologies for the runaround that you received.