• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Afrihost poor service

3rds

Poor service from Afrihost, ordered a new lte-a router on the 5th of September. After numerous calls, still no sign of delivery. Any ideas who I speak to, to get this resolved.

OneKnight

Poor service from Afrihost, ordered a new lte-a router on the 5th of September. After numerous calls, still no sign of delivery. Any ideas who I speak to, to get this resolved.
Seeing as you respawned, you should know the answer to that question is to message AfriMan or Afrigirl on this forum. :whistling:

McT

The Humble Scot!
If they aren't responding to your calls, maybe they're saying your business isn't important to them?

hashtagjustsaying

LCBXX

Executive Member
I cancelled my "free" Fibre installation and router account with them because of the same issues. Went to collect the router, no stock. Asked for it to be delivered, did not have it after 3 weeks and had to ping them several times. Today I found out they forgot about placing my FTTH installation with Vuma in spite of me ordering in July already.

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
Heya 3rds. Please feel free to drop me a PM with your info and I'll help you get this sorted quicker than you new Rain connection is going to be. :p

EDIT: Got your PM ;)

Last edited:

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
I cancelled my "free" Fibre installation and router account with them because of the same issues. Went to collect the router, no stock. Asked for it to be delivered, did not have it after 3 weeks and had to ping them several times. Today I found out they forgot about placing my FTTH installation with Vuma in spite of me ordering in July already.
That doesn't sound right at all! :( Even though we might sometimes deal with a slight backlog of orders, I can assure you that there is no way we can forget to submit any fibre order. Our system is not built that way. If there is anything I can assist you with, please feel free to drop me a PM.

LCBXX

Executive Member
That doesn't sound right at all! :( Even though we might sometimes deal with a slight backlog of orders, I can assure you that there is no way we can forget to submit any fibre order. Our system is not built that way. If there is anything I can assist you with, please feel free to drop me a PM.
I appreciate your answer but it does not explain why I regularly had to follow up on my order and progress, only to find that your receptive departments have not taken action or my order is stuck somewhere. I ordered on 25 July, the estate was live 7 September and AH only prompted Vuma to schedule an install today after I again requested a follow up. Not on.

I have taken my money to another ISP already even though it is going to cost me R2700 in startup.

catman37

Expert Member
I don't think Afrihost is always to blame.

A friend of mine has been waiting for fibre installation at his house via Open Serve. 8 weeks and still going.

Everytime OpenServe comes out they have an excuse of why they can't install. Then after escalations they tell him he has no fibre in the area....Meanwhile. Houses on his left and right all have fibre.

OpenServe called him and made an appointment for installation....guess what....They didn't even bother to show up. Not even a phone call.

AfriGenie

Afrihost
Company Rep
I did receive your PM, I just need your account details to allow me find out what's going on.

3rds

Heya 3rds. Please feel free to drop me a PM with your info and I'll help you get this sorted quicker than you new Rain connection is going to be. :p

EDIT: Got your PM ;)
So Mr @Afrifella, still nothing resolved. My account has being debited again! NO Device, No Sign of Delivery!

3rds

Anyone with advise on how to cancel and get my money back from Afrihost? please feel free to share. they dont realise the only thing getting clients to purchase the LTE-A deal through them is service, because im sure MWEB, WebAfrica, and all other service providers are willing to have my business without all this hassle and frustration!

JCM

Good luck getting any service with Afrihost. Constant struggle.

They are understaffed and don't give a ****.

Customer service is beyond their comprehension. If only I read the terms and conditions on my fibre order I would have cancelled and gone with another ISP :(

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
Good luck getting any service with Afrihost. Constant struggle.

They are understaffed and don't give a ****.

Customer service is beyond their comprehension. If only I read the terms and conditions on my fibre order I would have cancelled and gone with another ISP :(
Really sad to hear that your perception of us has stopped so low. :( I've replied to your other post and will be happy to look into your outstanding support requests and help turn this around. :)

OCP

Expert Member
Really sad to hear that your perception of us has stopped so low. :( I've replied to your other post and will be happy to look into your outstanding support requests and help turn this around. :)
I can assure you it his not just his perception but very common among many ex-clients.

AH has treated my customers and me like scum with no compensation to boot.
I would not deal with your dishonest and disreputable company if you were the last ISP on earth and your services were free.

Point and case:

Existing customer with 3 SIMS on Afrihost.

Ordered Rain on 21/09/2017 (Account page still to this day does not show an active order, but Connectivity shows the package with 'payment received' ((which takes you for-bloody-ever on debit order, WTF, existing customer)) but will it ever be handed to a courier?)

So now ten days later, support requests not answered, holding on phones -- what an utter joy Afrihost.

And now... now you are giving routers for free... yet you cant service the current orders. sigh

Suggestions anybody?
So I guess posting on the public forum is my last resort - AH prefer you to air all the dirty laundry before they respond, here goes - will try keep short.

- Bought a Redmi4a with 500MB Promo (2 of them) a few months back, set them both up and both have been working fine since.
- One of the sims stopped working around 21st of August, no signal at all
- Requested AH provide a new one as it was their sim to begin with, got new one delivered 22 Sept
- Had a few issues activating the SIM (you have to actually dial 173 to activate the sim, not just wait for an SMS like the instructions on the website says) so I opened a support ticket about it on 22 Sep.
- Fiddled around some more and worked out the 173 thing, did a sim swap and the sim swap completed successfully (can ring and sms the number and it comes through)
- Tested it out on the Redmi, no data throughput at all even though it says MTN 3G
- Tested it on my Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, my AH MiFi device and then, for good measure, another Samsung Galaxy Prime -- all the same issue.
- Sent more follow up support emails on 24th to confirm I did get the SIM Swap right but data wasn't working, again on 26th to follow up.
- Sent @AfriGenie a PM on MyBB 27th September to find out whats wrong
- Got through to Live chat (like winning the lottery) I think either Wed/Thur last week, explained my issue but the live chat cut out / lost connection and I had to reload the page, live chat unavailable again.
- Spent 45 minutes on hold today and ran out of airtime trying to contact them.

So basically, no response from AH *at all* since my first opening of this ticket on 22 Sep. It was not marked as closed on AH's site it's still active under my client zone login - all my replies are there.

AH reps, I see you like to respond to public forum posts, so please - get back to me.
That fixed wireless is really good. But omg afrihost service sucks. Got double billed for it. You have to beg for service......

I have been with Afrihost since the beginning. I stuck with them three or four years ago when their line speed took a massive dip and Gian asked us to give them a chance to redeem themselves. My suburb is now fibre ready so two weeks ago I signed for an Afrihost fibre bundle even though they are far from the cheapest. Big mistake. They immediately put through a connection fee even though they said this would be free. I have been trying ever since to get them to reverse it. Nothing except the machine generated response giving me a ticket number (VJM-174-36846) telling me that a human will contact me "real soon now". Same with every reminder I send.

After reading some alarming comments on MyBroadband and Hello Peter I decided to jump ship and so I unplugged my ADSL line and sent en email cancelling both the new fibre and my existing ADSL bundle. I know they don't take cancellations by email so I asked them to phone me to confirm. Again nothing. Now they have put through a debit for the new month. Now I guess I'm in for a real nightmare.

What a pity that the wheels are falling off this company that I once really admired.

Last edited:

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
I can assure you it his not just his perception but very common among many ex-clients.

AH has treated my customers and me like scum with no compensation to boot.
I would not deal with your dishonest and disreputable company if you were the last ISP on earth and your services were free.

Point and case:
Thanks for the update, OCP. I'm truly sorry you feel that way. We do our best to assist every client with every query. I'll be here if you still want to continue over PM.

OCP

Expert Member
Thanks for the update, OCP. I'm truly sorry you feel that way. We do our best to assist every client with every query. I'll be here if you still want to continue over PM.
Thanks for feeling truly sorry.

I never got a single resolution (rarely even got a response) to PM's when i was a customer so I will regretfully decline your kind offer.

AfriFella

Afrihost
Company Rep
Thanks for feeling truly sorry.

I never got a single resolution (rarely even got a response) to PM's when i was a customer so I will regretfully decline your kind offer.
All the best going forward, OCP. :)