Air pods Pro

Kaseran

Hi guys,
Has anyone noticed that the price of the air pods pro has increased after the government said that all e-commerce is in full operation. I know I was wanting to buy the AirPods Pro and on pre order it was R3999 with the wireless charging case. Since Thursday the price is now R5499.
Does anyone know which courier service charges reasonable shipping rates so I can use if I buy it off Amazon?
I would have used Aramex global shopper but for the past two years they do not release any items containing lithium batteries or any other batteries in general and this is due to strict aviation regulations. Let me know, thanks In advance

saor

Honorary Master
Amazon aren't shipping the airpod pros internationally.

QuiXilver ZA

Hi guys,
Has anyone noticed that the price of the air pods pro has increased after the government said that all e-commerce is in full operation. I know I was wanting to buy the AirPods Pro and on pre order it was R3999 with the wireless charging case. Since Thursday the price is now R5499.
Does anyone know which courier service charges reasonable shipping rates so I can use if I buy it off Amazon?
I would have used Aramex global shopper but for the past two years they do not release any items containing lithium batteries or any other batteries in general and this is due to strict aviation regulations. Let me know, thanks In advance
Yep. Highly annoyed. I still have my Gen 1 airpods and the batteries started effing out. Was going to preorder the pro from the istore site and it was R4299. I checked a few nights ago and it's R5499. Inc connection also has it at this price. Decided it's not worth it. If I do find a cheaper place I'll let you know. Waiting on takealot to get stock then maaaaybe it might be cheaper.

Kaseran

Yep. Highly annoyed. I still have my Gen 1 airpods and the batteries started effing out. Was going to preorder the pro from the istore site and it was R4299. I checked a few nights ago and it's R5499. Inc connection also has it at this price. Decided it's not worth it. If I do find a cheaper place I'll let you know. Waiting on takealot to get stock then maaaaybe it might be cheaper.
@QuiXilver ZA , Thanks a lot appreciate it. Yeah incredible told me R4299 was a promotion for pre order... I think they just B.S me. Neways I will do the same And let you know if I see anything cheaper than the istore. Cheers.

123z

Think about the AirPod pro list price is USD249.00 at exchange rate 18.5 plus 15% vat on 110% of usd249, R5499.00 is not that bad. There is no way you can get it cheaper by importing yourself

ShaneE

I gave up waiting for them to be in stock anywhere and got the Jabra 75t's. I only really use them for running, and when my Airpods started dying at 20 minutes, I decided I couldn't wait anymore :cautious:
I guess the price increase makes some sense, but surely not by that much ? ZAR has "only" lost about 20% of it's value?

dabean

Expert Member
I bought a pair of these: https://www.takealot.com/huawei-sport-bluetooth-headphones-lite/PLID52090741 when my right airpod stopped working (flashing green light in the case).

Very happy with the battery life and how securely they fit. When I fall asleep with them in they're still playing and in my ears in the morning. I'm actually considering getting a second pair just to cut out the hour or so they need to charge.

They were R609 in January and R899 now.

QuiXilver ZA

Takealot have the pros's listed for R5499. You could use ebucks but it's a waste. That's like half an xbox series x lol

My suggestion as someone mentioned is to wait for ebucks to have a 40% sale.

ies87

I bit the bullet and bought a pair of AirPods Pro from iStore for R5,499. Wasn't too happy about the price but I must say I'm really impressed with them. Tried the Jabra 75t s but found them uncomfortable so returned them. Digicape still has AirPods Pro listed for R4,599 if anyone is interested - I had an iStore gift card so bought from them instead of Digicape.

zoozi

I can never get in-ear headphones to stay in, do these never fall out? I'd be petrified forking out R5500 only to drop one in the bog.

QuiXilver ZA

I can never get in-ear headphones to stay in, do these never fall out? I'd be petrified forking out R5500 only to drop one in the bog.
Lol why would you use them in the toilet?

But yeah these have suction cups albeit a proprietary connection to the pod. There's 3 sizes and from the reviews they're pretty solid at staying in.

QuiXilver ZA

I bit the bullet and bought a pair of AirPods Pro from iStore for R5,499. Wasn't too happy about the price but I must say I'm really impressed with them. Tried the Jabra 75t s but found them uncomfortable so returned them. Digicape still has AirPods Pro listed for R4,599 if anyone is interested - I had an iStore gift card so bought from them instead of Digicape.
I've never used Digicape before. Are they legit?

ies87

I hate in-ear headphones. I find them extremely uncomfortable - that's why I returned the Jabras. I think the AirPods Pro are very comfortable though. The fit seems secure, I think you'll battle to get one to fall out. Will take them for a run tomorrow and see but I don't think I'll have any issues.