Alternative to Cellc and rain fixed LTE

dippie_wp

Another alternative to Cellc and rain fixed LTE.

Cellc: signal disappears more regular than before.
Rain : limited signal.
Telkom: hell no!

Any other advice? Month to month and good value for money in terms of gigs.

Swa

Honorary Master
You don't have to post the question twice?

grump_grouch

Try and find a WISP in your area? Know you said no to Telkom, but their prepaid LTE is not too bad.

Mlilile007

Ye
Another alternative to Cellc and rain fixed LTE.

Cellc: signal disappears more regular than before.
Rain : limited signal.
Telkom: hell no!

Any other advice? Month to month and good value for money in terms of gigs.
I have been using at Cyber for low cost and good deals they have check them on www.atcyber.co.za

werny

Expert Member
If your only option is LTE, then Vodacom's 100GB Anytime Data (+100GB night-owl data) @ R999 p/m isn't that bad, including a B618 router.

Rain for comparison is R999 p/m for 120GB Anytime data..... So is actually worse than Vodacom's deal, I schedule bigger downloads during the night-owl hours, thus I make full use of the 200GB allocation. Where I live I get around 60Mbps on Vodacom which is way better than Rain.

Edit: The Vodacom deal is unfortunately 24-months.... but still a good deal if your options are limited. Worth a mention. ;)

curbs2012

Expert Member
Was going to cancel my dstv sub, and get cell C or Rain, but the amount of complaints I have been seeing recently has really got me worried...

Swa

Honorary Master
So you're saying your only options are Vodacom and MTN. What was the question again?

ZuluKing

CellC 365 Days Giga data packages work best for me nationwide coverage and it works out cheaper than LTE-A. Have you checked you CellC 4G signal as it may be better than LTE-A signal? Open SpeedTest app on your phone and then click on the "Coverage" Icon to see the CellC tower's coverage nearest to you. When I need data in the middle of nowhere this coverage map allows me to drive to the closest green dot/tower for fast 4G data Speeds.
https://www.cellc.co.za/cellc/prepaid-contract-detail/GigaPackages

Last edited: