Amazon Halo Review

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Amazon Halo Review

If you are looking for a device which can tell you how hard you have exercised, how well you sleep, if you are talking politely to your friends and family, and what you would look like with 7% body fat, then Amazon has a device for you.

It's called the Amazon Halo and it was recently put on sale as part of an early access programme on Amazon's online store.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Am I just old at 36 and don't see the use and sense in some gadgets? I don't talk to any voice assistants like Alexa and Cortana or Google.

I don't even communicate via voice notes. I type all my messages.
I hardly speak over the phone.

I'm just not into the whole voice control thing.
Edit: if you talk politely. Fk you Alexa.

bwana

MyBroadband
If you are looking for a device which can tell you how hard you have exercised, how well you sleep, if you are talking politely to your friends and family, and what you would look like with 7% body fat, then Amazon has a device for you.
Why would I want a device that monitors how polite I'm being.

Can it even tell me the time?

EDIT: "Screen-free for fewer distractions."... freakin' millennials get distracted by anything.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Hmmmm the lack of a display makes the entire device a bit of a nonstarter really.

Hephaestus

Forging
R1080.00 not too bad of a price.
But no display, track what you say, do and how polite you are, no thanks

Halo, Piss off, twat

FiestaST

Honorary Master
On paper the lack of a display seems like a moerse/massive™ schlep.

saor

Honorary Master
Hmmmm the lack of a display makes the entire device a bit of a nonstarter really.
Does it really matter when we're all looking at our phones 24/7 anyway? At the very least it's an interesting experiment at a slightly different device.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
It matters to me as I don't use my phone to check the time....

It just seems a bit backwards to have a device like this that doesn't have even a basic display.