AMD FSR3 mod on GTX cards

cavedog

Honorary Master
Joined
Oct 19, 2007
Messages
27,400
Reaction score
13,500
Location
PTA
Anyone here use the LukeFz FSR3 mod on old cards?

I knew it was making noise especially in the hand held market because it boosted performance so much but wow I'm surprised.

I have an old GTX 1660 Super with a Ryzen 5 1600AF that I build into a small extra gaming pc.

Some tests showed massive increases in FPS on this card. For example Assassins creed Mirage. Max graphic settings at 1080p with TAA at Quality gives me around 55 FPS without the mod. With the mod the same settings at max settings gives me 110 FPS with no ghosting or issues.

This is more than what I got on my RTX2080 with DLSS and more than what I get on GeForce Now with the RTX 3080.
 
I used it in RDR2 and Cyberpunk, went from about 70FPS to 120FPS using a 1660Ti.

Yeah on the games it does work it works really well. I'm just shocked after 10min of game play my 1660 super outperforms my rtx 2080 on Mirage. Crazy. Okay no Ray tracing but still very impressive.
 
Yeah on the games it does work it works really well. I'm just shocked after 10min of game play my 1660 super outperforms my rtx 2080 on Mirage. Crazy. Okay no Ray tracing but still very impressive.
His new version is supposed to be the be all end all, you can add DLSS, XeSS or FSR with framegen to any DX12 game.
 
We should change it to the Fram Gen Mod thread. :ROFL:

Seriously good. This brings my RTX 2080 right up to the big boys.

 
Preview 6 is out

Thanks I updated my mod.

This uniscaler is magic. The Only issue I have is when enabling it replaces the DLSS with FSR3 so when you enable frame generation the UI ghosting/shimmering is a problem in games that do not have frame gen option build in but using default anti-aliasing like TAA native with the frame gen it works wonders.

For me on my RTX 2080 at 1080p max graphics and 150% resolution scale.

TAA native gives me like 55 FPS. With the frame gen enabled 110 FPS on TAA native AA still. FSR gives like 145 FPS but the UI ghosting is bad.
 
Anyone here use the LukeFz FSR3 mod on old cards?

I knew it was making noise especially in the hand held market because it boosted performance so much but wow I'm surprised.

I have an old GTX 1660 Super with a Ryzen 5 1600AF that I build into a small extra gaming pc.

Some tests showed massive increases in FPS on this card. For example Assassins creed Mirage. Max graphic settings at 1080p with TAA at Quality gives me around 55 FPS without the mod. With the mod the same settings at max settings gives me 110 FPS with no ghosting or issues.

This is more than what I got on my RTX2080 with DLSS and more than what I get on GeForce Now with the RTX 3080.
Does this work on 1060s or too old?
 
Does this work on 1060s or too old?

Use the Uniscaler Preview 6mod.

Don't use it on online games. The Anti Cheat will ban you for modifying game files but works well for any single player games.
 
Thanks I updated my mod.

This uniscaler is magic. The Only issue I have is when enabling it replaces the DLSS with FSR3 so when you enable frame generation the UI ghosting/shimmering is a problem in games that do not have frame gen option build in but using default anti-aliasing like TAA native with the frame gen it works wonders.

For me on my RTX 2080 at 1080p max graphics and 150% resolution scale.

TAA native gives me like 55 FPS. With the frame gen enabled 110 FPS on TAA native AA still. FSR gives like 145 FPS but the UI ghosting is bad.
You have to edit the config file and change the upscaler to DLSS.
 
What does this mod do under the hood to get such massive gains and does it affect heat output?
 
What does this mod do under the hood to get such massive gains and does it affect heat output?
It uses more VRAM but the base FPS stays the same so the heat output should be the same.

What frame generation does is it basically looks at the last rendered frame and then makes an educated guess what the next frame is going to look like so it's basically rendered frame, generated frame, rendered frame.
 
Lossless scaling also added some new features including Frame Generation.


Worth to check out if the FSR3 mode + frame gen isn't you thing
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X