AMD Threadripper Shortage. Where can one get them?

hvr

Hey guys.

I am looking specifically for the Threadripper 3970X CPU.

They seem to be very hard to come by. Seems like AMD ships to first world countries as a priority and not so much to third world.

Any ideas where one can get them would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks.

hvr

Thanks - I actually did check out Amazon - just a bit weary to order such an expensive item off Amazon.

Will most probably go that route eventually.

Thanks.

DrJohnZoidberg

Honorary Master
It's probably a product that's not going to get restocked (at least in smaller markets). With the chip shortage and the fact that the next generation Threadripper is rumoured to be arriving by the end of the year or early next year they probably don't want to use up silicon production for these older ones any more.

Gozzy

Hey guys.

They seem to be very hard to come by. Seems like AMD ships to first world countries as a priority and not so much to third world.

Thanks.
I know its not exactly what you wanted......

From Evetech
1631785383296.png

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
Hey guys.

Thanks.
If you haven't yet, ask Wootware what the latest is i.t.o. restocking expectations, recently bought AMD from them and they seem to have an inside track there of sorts

They list that CPU at least:

RedViking

Nord of the South
So many things not available. Best bet is amazon and make sure it is sold by amazon and you understand their return policies.