Android 10 begins rolling out

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Staff member
Super Moderator
Android 10 begins rolling out

Google has begun rolling out Android 10 following months of testing.

The operating system will support new technologies such as 5G and foldable smartphones, and also has over 50 new privacy and security changes.

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
except Huawei (cough) :ROFL:

(yes, i know, only new phones affected)

namzsteve

Expert Member
Android 10, my LG G7 just received Android 9 last month. Never again!

Toxic T

Expert Member
Now that I have the update, is there anything new that I should know about? the only difference that I can see so far is dark mode and privacy.

Sinbad

Honorary Master
previous? you no longer have one?
Had to have it repaired for a charging problem and they didn't have spares so it was replaced. New one isn't on the beta program sadly.

ItherNiT

Cant wait for the official update to hit my OP7 pro :)

The suspect one the new features I'm going to use allot is the Wifi sharing QR code thing when people come visit.

reactor_sa

Executive Member
Got it on my Pixel this morning. I like that Android Q, named after myself, is dark like my mood

Hunted

Now that I have the update, is there anything new that I should know about? the only difference that I can see so far is dark mode and privacy.

I just quickly looked at a few videos this AM. But it appears that the biggest changes were made to the gesture system. That is if you use the gesture / swipe option rather that the traditional home / back button setup.

It also seems that the permission system of APPs and privacy had a big changes. What I liked was that you can set, for example, Facebook, location priviledges / access only when you have opened the app. So when it's in the background it will be unable to track your movements. This can be done for the camera app as well and loads of other apps.

You can now also limit access of app to you folders / content . An app like Solid explorer as example can be set to only access certain folders and not by default to all the folders on your phone.

There was other stuff as well, but that stood out for me.