Android 10 beta rolls out

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
Android 10 beta rolls out

Google has released the first Android 10 beta to developers, allowing users who sign up for the beta programme to download and install the OS.

This initial version of the beta is currently only available for Google’s Pixel smartphones, including the first-generation Pixel devices.

Citizen2

I wonder if google will ever launch Pixel phones in South Africa. I like their cameras and software support they offer after purchase. They (pixels) are the closest to iPhones in terms of software updates

I wonder if google will ever launch Pixel phones in South Africa. I like their cameras and software support they offer after purchase. They (pixels) are the closest to iPhones in terms of software updates
Can be bought in SA but def more expensive than overseas

genetic

Honorary Master
Who is brave enough to test if the FNB app works on the beta. Normally it doesn't
Not surprised it doesn't, and glad it doesn't either. With banking apps, I'd prefer solid security on stable platforms than opening potential security flaws on untested platforms.

bratwurst

Expert Member
Who is brave enough to test if the FNB app works on the beta. Normally it doesn't
I have Q running on my second pixel. FNB doesn't work and will most likely not work until official launch.

All other banking apps seems to open fine. Capitec app seems to crash intermittently.

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Look at android one phones, closest you'll get to it in south Africa.

bratwurst

Expert Member
Can you check what version of the app and on which phone.

Just installed on pixel 2 xl and app crashing. Clear cache and storage.

I have version version 5.7.3 (41) of the Fnb App.
I see now the FNB app is not working. My apologies. I only tested the RMB app and assumed they would be the same. The RMB app still works fine even after today's update. It uses a different version.

Install the RMB app and use your FNB logon details. It will work.

PS. This is on a pixel 2. Non XL. I'm not brave enough to install Q on my 3

bratwurst

Expert Member
Yep. Saw the release of yesterday started working.

See beta 3 out but has lots of warnings that banking apps might stop working.

Will see later if I want to install
I'm busy installing it on my secondary device. Will let you know how the FNB app behaves.

bratwurst

Expert Member
Dark theme can finally be enabled within settings. Hope it's here to stay.